Chapter 42

Cal walks throughout the police station following his dad and brother

Cal walks throughout the police station following his dad and brother. "I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister died in an accident when he was eight." Stiles tells their dad. "Please go to school." Noah tells him as they walk into his office. "Dad, this kid's a werewolf." Stiles tells him. "Cal is a werewolf. Your best friend is a werewolf. You are dating a werewolf. You're friends with werewolves. Malia is a werecoyote. Lydia is a banshee. I'm still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school." Noah tells him exasperated. "What did you do?"Stiles asks suddenly. "What? What do you mean, "What did I do"?" Noah asks as Cal rolls his eyes. "There's something different about you." Stiles says getting closer to Noah. "What are you talking about?" Noah asks. "What is it? What's different?" Stiles asks again. "For the love of God, Stiles, just go to school." Noah tells him. "I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens." Stiles bargains. Cal sighs and flops into a chair. "No. You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion." Noah tells his eldest. "Except you're not the only one." Stiles points out. "Parrish!" Noah calls the deputy in. Cal sighs and starts playing on his phone waiting for Stiles to take him to school.

Cal stands next to Stiles as he talks to Cora "So you ran a background check, and all you found was a speeding ticket?" Cora asks. "Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago." Stiles tells her. "Which means what?" Cora asks her boyfriend. "Who speeds? People trying to get away from something." Stiles explains. "Well, how many tickets do you have?" Cal asks. "None." Stiles responds. "How many would you have if dad didn't get you out of them?" Cal rephrases. "Seventeen." Stiles mutters making Cal smirk. "I don't know, Stiles. I mean, I see why you're worried. He's really hot. He's got like great hair, perfect body. You should definitely feel threatened." Cora says giving Cal a sly wink. "Thank you. Because I do. Now more than ever." Stiles says as Cal spots Theo get out his car. "You want me to torture him?" Cora asks. "No, I don't want you to torture him." Stiles tells her. "I'm pretty sure I can take him." Cora tells him. "I have a plan. All right? There are steps to doing this right." Stiles explains. "What steps?" Cal asks. "We get the story. Verify the facts. You find the piece that doesn't fit and... and catch him in the act. That's how you do it." Stiles responds. "Why are you so suspicious of this guy?" Cora asks. "Because I remember Theo from fourth grade. Okay? That's not Theo." Stiles says turning and looking at Theo.

Cal sighs and rolls his eyes before walking over to Theo "Hi, Theo right?" Cal asks him as he reaches him. "Yeah, I didn't catch your name last night." Theo smiles. "I'm Cal, Stiles is my older brother." Cal explains as they start walking towards the school."I didn't know he had a brother." Theo tells him. "We didn't know each other til recently. Have you got all your paperwork, timetable?" Cal asks. "Uh yeah, here." Theo says handing Cal his timetable. "AP Bio first, same here. I'll show you where it is." Cal smiles. "Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, why are you being so nice to me?" Theo asks. "I know what it's like, being the new kid. I was 12 when I joined high school, then I moved here when I was 14. It can be hard not having anyone." Cal explains. "Wait that means you're a senior?" Theo asks ass they walk through the doors to the school. "Yeah." Cal nods as Ethan, Jackson and Louise walk over to them. "Hey." Ethan smiles kissing Cal's temple, Jackson doing the same. "Hey, Theo you might recognise Jackson, and this is Ethan and Louise." Cal introduces. Theo nods and gives them each a smile. "It's nice to meet you Theo." Louise smiles before checking her phone. Cal chuckles "Lou, the triplets will be fine. It's only a few hours." he assures his friend. "I know but still." Louise smiles.