Chapter 31

Cal gets out Jackson's car as Stikes comes running over

Cal gets out Jackson's car as Stikes comes running over. "Need your help." he says before grabbing Cal's sleeve and dragging him away. "I'll find you and Eth later." Cal shouts back to Jackson before looking at his brother "What's going on?" he asks. "Scott bit Liam and then kidnapped him." Stiles spouts. Cal stops and looks at Stiles annoyed "You've got to be kidding me." he sighs before catching Liam's scent mixed with Scott's. "This way." he adds leading Stiles off.

"Liam, hey!" Stiles calls out as they turn round the corner. Cal rolls his eyes and goes over to Liam. "We need to talk." Scott tells Liam. "No, you need to back the hell up, okay? Both of you." Liam retorts looking between Scott and Stiles. "Can you just listen for one second. Please? Liam... We're brothers now." Scott starts. "What?" Liam asks as Cal snorts. "Oh, God. That's..." Stiles trails off. "What are you talking about? We just met and you bit me." Liam glares. "The bite... The bite is a gift." Scott tells him.

"Scott, stop. Please stop. You, you, we're trying to help you, you little runt." Stiles says moving to stand next to Scott. "By kidnapping him?" Cal asks. "Just to clarify, Scott kidnapped him. Okay? I aided and abetted." Stiles corrects. "Liam, Cal and I have gone through this before. Something's happening to you. Something big." Scott explains. "Nothing's happening to me. Nothing." Liam retorts taking off his bandage to show clear skin before walking off. Cal's eyes widen before turning to look at Scott and Stiles. "We need to talk to the others." he tells them messaging the pack on his phone.

"I'm not sharing my basement." Malia stated making Cal roll his eyes. "Actually, it's my basement. And my mom noticed how you tore it up last time." Lydia responds. "All right, she's still learning." Cora comments. "But, we're going to use the boathouse for Liam. It's got support beams. We can chain him to one of them." Scott explains. "But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us?" Kira asks. "He trusts Cal." Scott tells her. "I'm not using my friendship with him to exploit him." Cal glares making Ethan grab his hand. "I say if it keeps him from murdering someone we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake." Stiles comments. "I'm in." Malia agrees. Cal lunges forward growling making Jackson and Ethan grab him.

"We're not killing or kidnapping him." Scott assures Cal. "Then let's be smarter. We tell him there's a party and invite him." Lydia says. "So, you're going to ask out a freshman?" Isaac asks confused. "No, I'm with Aiden. But, if we're playing a trick on someone, we'll have to use the trickster." Lydia smiles looking at Aiden. "Who? Me? No way. Not me." Kira disagrees. "Yes, you. You know what they call a female fox? A vixen." Lydia tells her. "Me?" Kira asks. "You can do it, Kira. Be a vixen." Lydia tells her.

That evening Cal paces back and forth in the main room of the lake house. "Cal, its going to be fine babes. Just sit down." Louise tells him. Cal nods and sits on the sofa lying his head where the triplets are. Louise gently strokes his hair making him calm down. Jackson and Ethan stand by the doorway watching their mate with smile on their faces. Louise looks at them and smiles at them motioning them over. The two boys go over and sit on the floor by the sofa as they hear a car arrive. Cal sits up and looks at the door as Kira shuts the door behind Liam. "Sorry." she smiles sadly at him. "What the hell is this?" Liam asks. "Think of it like an intervention . You have a problem, Liam." Stiles tells him. "And we're the only ones that can help." Scott finishes.

"Werewolves. Werecoyote. Banshee. Fox?" Liam asks Kira. "Kitsune. But fox works." Kira smiled. "What are you?" he asks Stiles. "Uh, for a little while, I was possessed by an evil spirit. It was very evil." Stiles explains. "What are you now?" Liam asks. "Better..." Stiles trails off. "Are those for me?" Liam asks looking at the chains. "No, they're for me." Malia explains glowing her eyes. "How did you do that?" Liam asks confused. "You'll learn. But first, you need to get through the full moon." Scott explains. Cal stands up and goes to the kitchen with Jackson and Ethan. They find Isaac and Aiden stood there "You alright?" Aiden asks. Cal shrugs "Just feels weird, I've know Liam for ages and now I feel like I've let him down." Cal explains. Jackson puts his arms round Cal "You haven't let anyone down." he tells him.

Suddenly Liam starts screaming making them all run back in the room and over to Liam. "What's wrong? Liam?" he asks worried. "You don't hear that?" Liam asks him as lights shine into the drive. "Did you tell someone about this?" Lydia asks. "My friend Mason. You said it was a party." Liam explains. "Who did Mason invite?" Cora asks. "Everyone." Isaac responds looking out the window. Liam starts scratching the floor "The floors! Get him off the floors!" Lydia tells them. Liam looks up and growls making Lydia step back. "We need to get him to the boathouse. Now!" Cal tells Scott. They both grab Liam and drag him down to the boathouse with Kira, Jackson and Ethan following behind.

Liam snarls as Cal and Scott hold him. "We got him. Get his hands." Scott tells Jackson and Ethan. Liam manages to throw them both off with a growl. Kira smacks Liam round the head with an oar.
"Oh, God. I didn't kill him, did I?" she asks as Liam falls to the floor. "No. He's out cold." Ethan assures. "I hope Stiles is having better luck." Jackson adds making Cal nod in agreement. "I'm going for a walk." he tells his mates. Jackson nods "We'll come with you." he tells him. Cal nods and leads them into the forest. "We can tell something is bothering you." Ethan says as the walk. Cal shrugs "I don't know." he tells them. Jackson pulls him to a stop "Then we'll work it out together." he smiles giving him a kiss.

After a while the three of them here a crash from the boathouse, followed by running towards them. "Liam!" Cal shouts seeing his friend running near them followed by Scott. "Liam... Liam, wait. Stop." Scott says tackling him to the ground. "What did you do to me?" Liam shouts. "Liam..." Scott starts. "This is your fault. It's all your fault! This is your fault!" Liam shouts before being shot by an arrow. Cal, Jackson and Ethan reach them as Liam runs off and Argent walks over. "How did you know?" Scott asks. "I got your text." Argent tells him.

"There's a clearing just north of here. All you have to do is corral him there. The rest is taken care of." Argent tells the four teens. "What are you going to do?" Scott asks. "He's your Beta, Scott. The better question is what are you going to do?" Argent tells him. "He won't listen to me." Scott sighs. "He will if you start using your own words." Cal responds. Just then Liam starts screaming "Here. Go." Argent says handing Scott a small remote. Cal, Ethan and Jackson follow Scott towards where Liam is.

"What's happening to me?" Liam cries. "The same thing that happened to us." Scott responds. "They can't know about this. My mom, my stepdad, I can't do this to them again." Liam cries. "What do you mean again?" Cal asks gently. "I got kicked out of school and I deserved it. The way they looked at me when they saw what I did to that car..." Liam explains. "Liam, it's okay." Cal tells him. "They can't see me like this." Liam says as he starts sobbing. "Like a monster? You're not a monster. You're a werewolf. Like us." Scott tells him. Cal wraps his arms round Liam and hugs him.

Once Liam calms down Cal pulls away from him "Come on. You can come back to ours for the night, I'll message your mum." he tells his friend. Liam nods and stands up before walking with Cal and the others to the cars.