Chapter 16

Soon it was time for the pack to go back to school. Cal smiles as he wakes up in between Ethan and Jackson. "Do we have to go back to school?" Ethan asks. "Think of it this way. You get to spend more time with the two of us. Unless you want other guys to think we're avaliable." Cal smirks while winking at Jackson who laughs slightly. Ethan jumps up and grabs his clothes "Come on then you two." he smiles as he gets dressed. Lou walks into the room smiling "Boys up or you'll have to deal with a grumpy Muma all day." she tells the boys before walking out again. Cal and Jackson chuckle and get up to get dressed.

When they get to school they realise they are early so go straight to Coaches office

When they get to school they realise they are early so go straight to Coaches office. Cal knocks on the door "Come in. Unless you're Greenberg then don't." the three boys chuckle and open the door. "Coach I've got someone who want to see you." Cal smiles. Coach looks puzzled until Jackson walks in. "Jackson good to have you back." Coach smiles. "Good to be back." Jackson tells him. "You're back on the team. The only good players we have are Cal, McCall, Lahey and Danny at the minute. We need you." Coach tells Jackson in a voice which tells him it's not negotiable. "I wasn't going to decline coach. I'll be happy to be back on the team." Jackson responds smiling. "Atta boy. Ethan we could do with you and your brother aswell." Coach tells Ethan. "I'll talk to him coach." Ethan assures. Coach turns to Louise "I don't recognise you though." "Oh I'm Lousie I've just transfered from Cal's old school." she explains making Coach nod.

The three boys plus Louise walk into History and sit down. The teacher then walks in and starts talking to everyone. "Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous History Teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought a friend home for that matter." Everyone turns to see a girl at the back of the class sigh before trying to hide. "Either way, there she is. Now, let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century." Cal puts his head on the table making Jackson look over to him. "What's the matter?" he asks. "I learnt all this before I transfered. Same with Lou." he explains to him. Jackson chuckles "Well you can help me. I'm rubbish at History." he tells Cal smiling.

That afternoon after school Cal, Ethan, Jackson and Louise go to see the Sheriff. "Hey, Dad, what is all this?" Cal asks as they walk into the office to find Stiles and their dad surrounded by piles of files. "I've been looking over some old cases from a more illuminated perspective, if you know what I mean." the Sheriff tells them all. Stiles picks up a file and opens it "Strange sighting of bipedal lizard man sprinting across freeway." he reads out. "Kanima pile" Nkah says making Jackson look down slightly. Cal notices and squeezes his hand slightly. "Dad, you're not going back through all your old cases seeing if any of them had something to do with the supernatural, are you?" Cal asks. "I admit the recent opening of my eyes to the greater mysteries of the universe has got me reassessing. There's at least 100 cases here where I look at the details and I can ask myself, 'If I knew then what I know now'." "Right, but are you sure you wanna go down that path?" Stiles asks him. "Do I have a choice? There's one case in particular that I can't get out of my head. Eight years ago, I was elected Sheriff of County, my first official duty was to tell a man that not only had his wife and two kids died in a car accident, but, as best we could tell, the body of his had been dragged from the wreck by coyotes." "You mean dragged and eaten?" Stiles buts in. "We didn't find the car until three days after the crash. They had driven off the road into a pretty deep ravine. Two bodies that were still in the car were covered in bites and slashes." "So you're thinking bites and claw marks, probably a werewolf attack?" Jackson realises. "Maybe." "But coyotes, they scavenge, right? So, couldn't they have just left the bites and the slashes?" Lou asks. "Absolutely. But guess what night the accident occurred on?" "The night of a full moon." Cal and Stiles say at the same time. "Yeah, and don't do that it's weird" "Hey, Dad, where are all these going?" Stiles asks suddenly. "Yeah, we, uh We probably need to talk about that." Noah tells them. "Scott's dad is Conducting a case for impeachment against me." Noah explains.

The next day at lunch the whole group gathers at a large bench to discuss what's happening to Scott, Stiles and Alison

The next day at lunch the whole group gathers at a large bench to discuss what's happening to Scott, Stiles and Alison. "Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott starts. "And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles adds "And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Alison finishes. "They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac tells them. "Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles asks Isaac. "For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." "Hey, dude, are you still milking that?" "Yeah, maybe I am still milking that." Kira walks over and Cal smacks the back of the boys heads with the book he's reading. "Hi. Hi, sorry. I couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called "Bardo." It literally means "in-between state." The state between life and death." Kira tells the group. "And what do they call you?" Lydia asks. "Kira. She's in our History class." Scott says making Kira smile slightly. "So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Louise asks interested. "Either, I guess. But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can by visited by peaceful and wrathful deities." Kira explains sitting down." Wrathful deities? And what are those?" Jackson asks her. "Like demons." she answers. "Demons. Why not?" Stiles sighs. "Hold on, if there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Alison asks. "Death. You die." Kira tells them making the group look at each other.

Later on Cal is sat with his boyfriends and best friend watching TV. Lou has her feet across Cal's lap as she eats her pickles and ice cream. Cal's phone buzzes in his pocket.

Dad 👮‍♂️_ Are you free? Stiles and  Scott said we need your help with what we are about to do x

Cal🐕_ Yeah at home x

"Guys I'm gonna go help my dad with something." Cal says. "Okay but be safe." Ethan tells him with Jackson agreeing. "I always am." he smiles giving them both a peck and Lou a kiss on the head. He runs outside and sees his dad with Scott and Stiles. "What we doing?" Cal asks as he gets in the car.

Cal and Scott sniff around Malia's room "All I'm getting is some animal smell." Cal sighs with Scott nodding. "What kind of animal?" Stiles asks. "Dog." Scott says as Cal taps Stiles to make him turn. The dog starts growling at the three boys. "Hi, puppy." Cal squeaks. "Get rid of it." Stiles tells Scott. "Me?" "Yes, you. Glow your eyes at it, something, be the Alpha." "I can't. I don't have control." "Okay, buddy, you're going to have to try something." "Nice doggy." the dog starts barking. "Apollo! Apollo, shut up! Shut the hell up!" Mr Tate shouts. Cal rolls his eyes and goes down to the dogs level. He glows his eyes and the dog whines and sits down. Cal smiles and sits next to it smirking at the older boys "You either have it or you don't." he tells them. "Here. Try that. Anything?" Stiles asks the two werewolves. "All I'm getting is that dog." "Same here." Stiles sighs and takes a picture of Malia and her sister.

"I'm sorry. I tried as hard as I could. If it wasn't so long ago, I might have been able to do it." Scott tells Noah. Cal nods and puts his hands in his pockets. "It's okay. It was a long shot. In fact, it was a pretty terrible idea. I think I just ripped a wound open in that poor man. I never should have brought you guys here. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for trying, all right?" Noah tells the boys. "Yeah." Scott sighs. "See you at home." Noah tells his sons before walking to his car. "Aren't there a lot of cases that go unsolved?" Scott asks. "Yeah, I just think this is one he felt like he could've figured out right now." Cal tells him. "Why is it so important now?" Scott asks. "He wants to be able to solve one more while he's still Sheriff." Stiles explains. "What do you mean, 'still Sheriff'?" Scott questions.