Chapter 65

Cal stands with Scoot talking to his dad at the Sheriff's Station "All right

Cal stands with Scoot talking to his dad at the Sheriff's Station "All right... You heard a voice coming through the radio, and now you're convinced its the voice of..." Noah trails off. "Stiles. Your eldest son." Scott finishes. "My big brother." Cal adds. "Uh-huh. And maybe it's just a random signal cross?" Noah asks. Cal sighs "Peter gave us the keys to the Jeep, amd it started right up. Mum's Jeep." he responds. "Oh, wait, wait, so now I'm supposed to trust Peter Hale?" Noah asks. "I want you to trust me. Your son." Cal responds, hurt. "We heard Stiles on that radio, we're sure of it. If you had heard it too-" Scott starts. "Well, I didn't." Noah cuts him off. "Yeah, but if you had-" Cal tries. "Enough, Cal! Scott! Enough!" Noah shouts. Cal takes a step back, tears in his eyes "You never believe me." he mutters, storming out of the office. Scott watches him go, following a second later "Cal, wait up. You good to stay here incase Stiles contacts us again? Cora, Lydia, Aiden, Malia and I are going to Canaan." Scott tells him. "Yeah, Aiden, Lyds and Cora told me last night." Cal nods. "Hey, we're getting him back." Scott says. Cal nods and goes to his car, climbing in and driving off.

Later that day Cal smiles as he watches Pyrrhus, Jackson and Ethan in the garden, his phone suddenly rings making him pick it up "Hey Liam, what's up?" he asks. "We have an idea to trap a Ghost Rider but we need your help." Liam tells him. "Okay, I'm on my way. You at school?" he asks. "Yeah, forgot you had today off." Liam responds. "I had enough credits to graduate last term." Cal tells him. "Show off." Liam jokes. "I'll see you soon." Cal tells him, hanging up. Jackson walks in "Stay safe." he tells Cal. "I will. When I get home we'll watch a film, just you, me, Eth and Pyrrhus." he responds, kissing Jackson before heading out to his car and driving to the school. Climbing out he goes over to Liam and Hayden "So, what's the plan?" he asks. "Make a lightning rod that can absorb the Ghost Rider's lightning, trapping him somewhere." Hayden explains quickly. Cal nods "Instead of a conduit, maybe we can find a person to absorb the lightning..." Liam trails off. "I don't even think Kira could do that." Hayden tells him. "Josh could. He ate electricity." Liam says. "Josh is dead." Cal points out. "Yeah, but his power didn't die with him..." Liam trails off. "It may as well have. We can't get to it." Hayden tells him. "We don't know that. Not for sure." Cal tells her, catching onto Liam's idea. "What are you saying?" Hayden asks. "You know what we're saying." Liam responds. "If you're saying what I think you're saying, you're insane. Both of you." Hayden tells them. "I know it's insane... But we need you with me on this." Liam tells her. "Come on, call Noshiko and tell her to meet us at in the tunnels. Tell her to bring the sword." Cal says, taking control of the situation as he leads them to his car.

The three of them arrive at the tunnels and head in "Almost there. Last chance to bail." Hayden says. "If we're gonna stand a chance, we have to do something drastic." Liam tells her. "There's drastic, and then there's this." Haydn scoffs. "But we need the bad part of the plan to make the good part work." Liam tells her. "You think she knows it's a bad plan?" Hayden asks. "Anyone would know this is a bad plan... Which is why I have to ask you one more time, are you sure you don't wanna change your minds?" Noshiko asks. "We don't know what else to do. It's like the Ghost Riders are unstoppable." Cal tells her. "They are unstoppable. They've been riding the storm and taking souls since long before I was born." Noshiko responds. "Yeah, we won't survive them. Not without your help." Liam tells her. "Kira entrusted me with her sword while she's with the Skinwalkers. And now, I'm trusting you, because I believe she would want me to. Do not mistake this for me agreeing with your decision." Noshiko tells them. "I understand. Kira just stabbed her sword into the ground." Liam tells her. "If you want to do this, you'll have to do it yourself. Once it's done... whatever happens will be your responsibility." No shill says, handing the sword to Cal. Taking it, Cal steps forward and gets ready to stab the ground "Cal, wait!" Hayden says as Cal stabs the sword into the ground. The ground cracks open and Theo climbs out, his eyes glowing gold.

Theo runs forward and pins Liam against the wall "Theo! We're not trying to hurt you! We're the ones that brought you back." Cal tells him. "Where's my sister?" he asks. "Your sister's dead. She died a long time ago." Cal says. "You killed her, remember?" Hayden tells her. "I'm gonna kill you three. I'm gonna kill all of you." Theo threatens. "Okay. Send him back." Hayden tells Cal. "You know what this does? We need your power to help us. Then, you can kill whoever you want. But, if you kill us, you're gonna end up worse than ever." Liam tells Theo, motioning to the sword that Cal is still holding. "There's nothing worse than what I've been through." Theo tells them. "You ever hear about the Ghost Riders?" Cal asks him, Theo looking at him and nodding.

The four of them meet with Mr Douglas who is setting up the test rod "What makes you think this is gonna work?" Theo asks. "You took Josh's power. You can do it." Liam tells him. "Here we go." Douglas says, passing Theo the rod before firing it up. Theo goes flying and crashes to the floor "Hey, what the hell?" Liam asks. "That was only a billion joules." Douglas tells them. "Only?" Theo asks, Cal going over and helping him up. "Well, how many joules are in a bolt of lightning?" Liam asks. "Five billion." Cal responds. "Well, I'm fine, by the way. Thank you for your concern." Theo tells the others. "You don't have Josh's power anymore, do you?" Liam asks. Hayden grabs Theo's hand to look at his claws "Or Tracy's." she says. "Guess I'm back to Classic Theo." Theo tells them. "Maybe you should try some remorse, since you killed them for their powers." Hayden glares. "I just put them back the way I found them." Theo tells her. "Okay. Send him back." she tells Cal. Cal goes to say 'no' but is stopped by Theo "Hold on, I can help. I know about the Wild Hunt from the Dread Doctors. I also know about things I'm betting you don't." he says. "I'm with Ms. Romero on this one. Send him back." Douglas says. "You don't get a say." Cal glares, shaking the others. "Who's making decisions around here? Where's Scott? Where's Stiles?" Theo asks. "You remember Stiles?" Hayden asks. "Why wouldn't I remember Stiles?" Theo frowns in confusion. "Maybe he's useful after all..." Liam trails off. Cal looks at Theo "He was taken by the hunt." he tells him.

Cal stands in his kitchen and passes Theo a sandwich as the others look at him, Liam and Hayden in shock "Really? You brought him back?" Isaac asks. "Yes, and before anyone asks I hid the sword so only I can send him back." Cal responds. "Why the hell would you do that?!" Hayden shouts. "Because I'm giving him a second chance! No threats! No waving the sword around each time he says something controversial!" Cal growls. "Okay, calm down baby." Jackson soothes, kissing his forehead. "You know all about the Ghost Riders. How do we get Stiles and the others back?" Haydn asks a shocked looking Theo. "You can't. The Wild Hunt comes, the Wild Hunt goes. That's how it works." Theo tells them, eating his sandwich. "But they're still here... And they're still taking people." Liam tells him. "That's not possible. They're the Wild Hunt. They're not just gonna stick around. Unless..." Theo trails off. "Unless what?" Ethan asks. "Unless they're stuck." Cal realises. "You're gonna help us." Liam tells Theo. "Liam, I don't know what to do." Theo responds. "Well, you remember Stiles, so clearly you know more than we do." Hayden tells him. "You're gonna help us, or you're going back." Liam threatens. Cal growls slightly, getting defensive "It's fine Cal." Theo tells him.

Everyone stops talking when they hear the others get back from Canaan "Let me guess, Scott wasn't a part of this plan, was he?" Theo asks. "Not exactly." Cal responds. Scott, Aiden and Cora walk in "Somehow, I don't think we're gonna hug this out..." Theo trails off. "I hope you realize it's taking all of my strength to not tear you in half right now." Scott tells him. Malia walks in with Lydia and growls when she sees Theo "Hey, Malia... You aren't still upset about the whole shooting thing, are you?" Theo asks, Malia roaring in response and lunging at him.