Chapter 38

Cal throws the ball to Jackson who catches it and makes a goal. Coach blows his whistle "Okay practice is over. Go get changed and to class." he tells the team. The team walks into the locker room and get changed. Cal does his makeup and turns to Ethan and Jackson "You ready for class?" he asks them. "Yeah come on." Ethan tells him grabbing his hand.

Cal sits in front of Lydia in Economics

Cal sits in front of Lydia in Economics. "Lydia? Lydia. Did you hear me? Look. I passed." Malia tells her smiling. "C minus." Lydia nods making Cal turn around to look at Malia "Nice one Mal." he tells her making her smile. "Your notes are great when they're not written in code." Malia tells Lydia. Coach walks over and puts the test on Malia's table. "Disappointed, Malia. Profoundly disappointed." Coach tells her before giving Cal his test back.

Cal smiles and shows Jackson and Ethan his A plus. "How?" Jackson asks. Cal shrugs in response. "No seriously with the deadpool when did you have chance to revise?" Ethan asks drawing Cora, Aiden and Isaac's attention. "What?" Isaac asks. "Cal got an A plus." Jackson responds. "What? How?" Aiden asks. "Lou makes me revise at the weekends with her. Also I revise in the evenings if I have time." Cal shrugs.

That evening Cal walks into the house and flops on the couch, putting his head on Louise's lap. "You ready for the big game tomorrow?" she asks him running her hands through his hair. "Yeah I'm going to go bed early tonight." Cal responds. Louise smiles and kisses his forehead "I've thought of some names." she tells him. Cal sits up "Yeah?" he asks. Louise nods "Zachary Caleb, Zac for short. Arlo Finn and for the girl I thought of Alison Mia." she tells him. Cal smiles "They amazing Lou." he responds. "I also had a thought. I want you, Jackson and Ethan to be God Fathers and I want Lydia, Cora and Melissa to be God Mothers." Louise tells him. "Go tells them now, Eth, Jax, Lydia and Cora are in the kitchen." Cal tells her.

They stand up walk into the kitchen together. Isaac smiles and wraps his arms round her. "Okay guys I've come up with names for the babies. Zachary Caleb, Arlo Finn and Alison Mia. I also want Cal, Ethan and Jackson as God Fathers and Lydia, Cora and Melissa to be God Mothers." she tells the group. "Of course I'll be God Mother!" Lydia exclaims hugging Louise, Cora doing the same straight after. Jackson and Ethan smiles and also hug her.

The next day Cal stands in his lacrosse kit with Ethan and Jackson as Isaac and Aiden change. As they stand there Stiles and Liam walk in. "Everything's fine. I got a text from him this morning and he said he might be a little late." Stiles tells Liam. "Well, how late is late? Is he always late? We're playing Devenford Prep again and this time it's an actual game. He shouldn't be late." Liam asks. "Who shouldn't be late?" Coach asks walking over. "Scott and Kira. They might be slightly late." Stiles explains.

"Slightly late is still late. What are they doing?" Coach asks annoyed. "They're doing something that's going to make them slightly late." Stiles tells him. "What could Scott and Kira be doing right now that's more important than playing in the first game?" Coach asks. "Oh, Coach." Stiles says before he and Liam go and get changed.

Once outside Cal sits with Stiles and Liam on the bench. "They're still not here." Liam comments. "Okay, what's really going on? Are you nervous about the full moon? It's not for another 24 hours. Liam, you're gonna be fine. Okay? Just try not to rage out on anyone." Stiles tells him. "You're not worried?" Liam asks. "Okay, I'm mildly concerned. Mildly." Stiles says before messaging Scott.

"We're gonna lose without him." Liam sighs. "No, we're not. We can be just as good without Scott. Okay? I've been practicing. Let me tell you something. I'm getting good. Really good." Stiles tells him smiling as the game starts. Cal looks at Liam "I've got ten that says he'll be flat on his arse before halftime." he tells him. Liam laughs as they both run onto the pitch.

Stiles lands on the floor making Liam and acal walk over "Yeah. I'm gonna call Scott again." Stiles tells them as Cal helps him up. Cal nods at him and goes over to Jackson and Ethan "Scott still isn't here. Something's wrong." he says. Jackson nods "Even when he was on the bench he never missed a game." Jackson agrees.

At halftime all the boys gather by the bench. "All right. Neither of them are answering. I gotta go see what's going on." Stiles tells them. "You're leaving? What are you going to tell Coach?" Liam asks. They turn and look at Coach who is ranting about something. "Uh, you don't tell him anything. Okay?" Stiles tells him. Liam nods and looks nervous "Liam, you're gonna be okay. All right?" Cal tells him gently. Stiles goes over to where Malia is sitting "Want me to stay here if he shows up?" she asks. "Yes." Stiles tells her before leaving with Noah.

After halftime they all head back onto the pitch. Cal races after Brett who has the ball towards Liam who just stands there. "Liam, for the love of God, move!" Coach shouts. Liam snaps out of it as they run past him. Brett manages to get a goal making Cal sigh. He walks over to Liam "Lee, you okay?" he asks. "Uh... Yeah, I'm fine just zoned out. Sorry." Liam tells him. Cal nods and picks up on Liam's scent telling him he's scared of something.

Liam gets the ball and starts running to the goal when Brett slams into him. "What the hell did you do that for?" Liam asks annoyed. "Because you're afraid. I can smell it on you from across the field. Are you hurt?" Brett asks. "No." Liam glares. "Are you still alive?" Brett asks him again. "Obviously." Liam tells him. "Then get up." Brett tells him making Liam stand up. Cal walks over with the referee. "You good to play?" Cal asks making Liam nod. "You planning on pulling something like that again?" the referee asks Brett. "Only if I have to." Brett shrugs.

After the game Cal goes home and picks up Sky

After the game Cal goes home and picks up Sky. "Hey girl." he smiles as Jackson's phone starts ringing. "What's the matter?" he asks as he answers the phone. "Okay we'll meet you there tomorrow." he says before hanging up. "What's happened?" Cal asks. "Scott and Kira have been taken by Kate. We're meeting everyone tomorrow." Jackson explains making Cal nod. "I'll go sort a bag for us." he says before going up to their room.