Chapter 62

Cal stands with Jackson, Ethan, Aiden, Scott and Lydia as they look up the meaning for 'Stile' "Stile: an arrangement of steps that allows people but not animals, to climb over a fence

Cal stands with Jackson, Ethan, Aiden, Scott and Lydia as they look up the meaning for 'Stile' "Stile: an arrangement of steps that allows people but not animals, to climb over a fence." Scott reads out. "Yeah, somehow I don't think this is the 'Stiles' we're looking for." Lydia tells them. "I recognise the name but I don't know why." Cal sighs. "Maybe it's because of the whole Wild Hunt thing." Aiden suggests with a shrug. "No, it's something else." Cal responds. "Maybe Malia has found something." Scott shrugs. "No. She's making a test today." Lydia tells him. They carry on reading about the term 'Stile' when they hear a Coyote howl, the group look at each other "I guess the test isn't going well." Lydia remarks making them all leave the library to find Coyote. They head to the basement where they find Malia as a Coyote hiding behind a closet growling. Scott slowly walks forward "Malia, it's okay. You're safe." he tells her. Malia growls and steps out slightly, Natalie and Noah arriving behind the teens "I'm not gonna hurt you." Scott assures Malia who begins to calm slightly "She is calming down." he tells the others. "Maybe you should growl back? Scott, you're the Alpha. Can you just make a little more docile?" Noah asks. Scott turns to Malia growling lower "She's not the problem. We are. This is her territory." Cal realises "We need to get out of here." Lydia says, catching onto what Cal is saying.

Malia starts barking "Yes. C'mon." Scott agrees. They walk out the basement room into the corridor away from Malia so she can calm down "Malia came here to get to the full moons. Then we got to the lake house." Lydia explains. "I thought you said a wild animal got in the lake house." Natalie says. Lydia looks at her mother exasperatedly "Just be happy for the things I don't tell you." she tells her. Malia transforms back making the boys turn away "It's alright. I'm okay." she says. "Sweet." Natalie sighs in relief, giving Malia her clothes back. "Any idea what made her shift?" Noah asks the pack. "She's under a lot of pressure." Jackson starts. "School, her life after graduation." Ethan continues. "Her mom trying to kill her." Lydia adds. "That shouldn't make her shift." Cal shakes his head. "Could it be connected to Stiles?" Scott suggests. "Hard to tell since we don't know what a 'Stiles' is." Lydia responds. "It's a 'he'." Noah tells them. Cal looks at his dad in realisation "Who?" Scott asks. "Stiles. It's a family nickname. I never used it, but... my father did." Noah explains.

Cal carries a box into the living room of his parents house, his mum leading him in "Thank you sweetie." Claudia tells him a he puts the box down. "No problem mum." Cal smiles before going and sitting with Ethan and Jackson, who are sat on the floor holding a sleeping Pyrrhus. Aiden, Lydia and Scott sit on the sofa which faces Noah and Claudia's "He was an army engineer." Noah starts to explain about his father. He hands a photo to Scott "He ended the war, one bridge at a time." he tells them. "He went by 'Stiles'?" Scott asks. "So what's the discussion with the Wild Hunt?" Noah asks. "We think that somebody was taken from us." Scott explains. "Any idea who?" Noah questions. Scott sighs and hesitates "The Ghost Riders would have erased our memories." Cal pipes up. "Well. That's convenient." Noah remarks making Cal nod. "We found a clue. The word 'stiles'." Lydia explains. "And that's why you wanna talk to Elias?" Claudia sighs. Scott looks at Sheriff and Claudia "Maybe he could help us figure it out. Maybe ke knows who we're looking for." he explains. "Is someone of your age?" Noah asks. "Yeah, I... I think he was my friend. Maybe he was my best friend." Scott responds. "I guarantee my father can't help you." Noah tells them. Scott gives the photo back "Can we try?" he asks. "Scott, he lives in a nursing house three towns over. He hasn't received visits for years." Noah explains. Jackson and Ethan look at Cal who doesn't look up, playing with their son's hair instead.