Chapter 29

Cora drops Cal home when they get to Beacon Hills. He walks into the house and immediately Sky comes running with Ethan and Jackson behind her. "What the hell happened? Why do you smell like blood?" Ethan asks. "Eth, Jacks, I'm okay. It's nearly healed. There was this thing in Mexico. It was really fast and strong, Malia and I tried to fight it but it got the upper hand." Cal explains as his mates look him over for any permanant damage. "I'm pretty sure we told you to be careful." Jackson tells him. Cal smiles sheepishly "I was. Danger finds me, not the other way around." he tells him. Ethan and Jackson shake their heads. "Come on shower and then we'll go to bed. You can explain what happened in the morning." Ethan says leading them upstairs. Cal nods and picks up Sky before following.

The next morning Cal sits in the kitchen as he finishes explaining to Jackson, Ethan, Aiden, Louise and Isaac what happened in Mexico

The next morning Cal sits in the kitchen as he finishes explaining to Jackson, Ethan, Aiden, Louise and Isaac what happened in Mexico. "So Derek is a teenager again and Lydia is with Deayton trying to figure out how?" Aiden clarifies. "Yeah. Also Kate Argent is alive somehow. When Peter 'killed' her she didn't die. It turned her instead." Cal adds. "I've heard of that but I didn't realise it was possible." Ethan says with Aiden nodding. Cal shrugs "I don't really understand it to be honest." he tells them. "We've got school to get to." Jackson realises looking at the time. "We'll see you later Lou." Cal says kissing her cheek. "I'll get the groceries today." she smiles. Jackson hands her his card "Do it on mine." he tells her. Louise nods and waves as the boys leave.

The boys sit in history with Scott, Stiles, Kira and Malia. "It might surprise you to know that some of history's greatest leaders have had to endure some pretty great failures. One you'll recognize from last night's reading failed in business, had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for both houses of Congress, and lost as Vice President, before he was finally elected as one of the greatest presidents that this country has ever seen. Who was he?" Mr Yukimura asks. "Malia." he asks. Malia looks up with a highlighter in her mouth. Scott's phone goes off "Scott, phones off. Malia? One of our greatest presidents. Gettysburg Address?" Mr Yukimura asks as Cal's phone goes off. "Phones off. Everyone. Malia? Does anyone else know?" Everyone except the boys and Kira put their hand up. Another phone goes off "I said phones off!" Mr Yukimura says. "Dad, that was yours." Kira tells him. Oh. Um... 'Scott, call Lydia'." he reads out.

Cal, Aiden, Scott and Stiles walk into the veterinary's. Aiden immediately goes to Lydia who is wrapping Deaton's arm." I don't think he's just younger in body. I think he's younger in his mind too." Deaton explains. "He didn't recognize either of us. And he looked like he was scared out of his mind." Lydia adds. "So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?" Stiles asks. "A wolf goes back to its den. But Derek lives in a loft." Scott says. "Not when he was a teenager." Cal tells them. "The Hale House?" Lydia asks. "He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet." Deaton nods.

"Hold on. Say you do manage to catch up to him? What are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead?" Aiden asks. "I guess I'm going to have to." Scott tells them. "Oh... Good luck with that." Lydia tells him. "She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't. You know, at least until we figure out how to get him back to normal." Stiles points out. "I can't lie to him." Scott sighs. "Okay, I'll do it." Stiles tells him. "I don't think any of us can. Remember, he can hear a heartbeat rising. When we find him, we tell him the truth." Cal tells Stiles not liking the idea of lying to Derek. "If he gets to the house first, you won't have to." Deaton warns.