Chapter 58

Cal runs after over and distract the Beast "Get Liam out of here!" he tells his brother and Hayden. They both nod and help Liam up before dragging him towards the school; Isaac, Aiden, Ethan and Jackson help Cal with the Beast before they all get thrown to the floor or into the side of a van "This wasn't part of the plan." Aiden comments as they all stand up. "You don't say." Cal responds sarcastically before they all run towards the school. They run into the library the same time as Braeden who shoots at the Beast with her shotgun making it crash out the wall of windows and take off. Malia and Liam help Scott up as everyone gathers by the smashed windows "You didn't seriously think you were gonna have a chance against that thing, did you?" Braeden asks Scott. "No. But, I got its scent." Scott responds as they look out the smashed window at the nearly full moon

The pack follow Scott who limos through the school and towards the side door "Scott, wait!" Liam exclaims. Scott doesn't listen making the pack sigh and follow him out the side door and into the car park as he follows the Beast's scent "You're hurt! You gotta slow down!" Isaac tells their alpha. Soon the alpha stops at a dark car which Cal recognises, Scott uses his strength to break open the trunk of the car to reveal a pair of black high top converse. Cal lifts them up to reveal blood smeared along the soles, Scott shuts the trunk making the pack realise that Mason is stood looking at them in confusion "Scott? What are you doing to my car?" he asks. The pack freeze in shock as they look at Mason "It's you." Scott tells him. "What? Liam, what's he talking about? Liam...?" Mason asks n confusion and slight fear. Before anyone can explain Corey appears out of nowhere and rushes over to Mason "Corey, wait!" Scott exclaims. Corey grabs Mason's shoulder making them both disappear, the pack rush forward and spread out slightly trying to see if they can catch their scents "Corey, wait!" Cal shouts as everyone looks at each other in alarm.

The next morning everyone gathers at Scott's house as they discuss what they now know, Pyrrhus sits watching cartoons in the living as the pack gather in the kitchen "My dad's got an APB out

The next morning everyone gathers at Scott's house as they discuss what they now know, Pyrrhus sits watching cartoons in the living as the pack gather in the kitchen "My dad's got an APB out." Stiles tells them. "For a 5'8" sixteen-year-old?" Kira asks. "We recommended a nine foot tall rampaging werewolf, but apparently it wasn't a good idea." Cal shrugs. Liam frowns "It still might not be him... But, Hayden's at the school looking." he sighs, not wanting to believe that his best friend in the Beast. Scott walks in making everyone turn to him "My mom can check all the hospitals in the county." he tells them. Cal notices Liam's worried frown "We can find him." he assures him. "What happens them?" Liam asks. "We figure out a way to save him." Scott responds making Liam look relieved. "Okay. Where else could we look?" Lydia asks. Scott shrugs "Let's ask Corey!" he suggests before reaching over to a cupboard and roughly yanking Corey forward. "Wait! WAIT! It's not my fault! They took him, and I couldn't do anything. They took him!" he exclaims as he becomes visible. "Who?" Jackson asks. "The Dread Doctors." Corey responds.

Later that day Cal gets a text from Scott asking him to meet him and Liam to go see Theo "Why are we here?" he asks as he walks over to them. "It's where he wanted to meet." Scott responds as they walk in to find Theo alone and looking at an empty tank. "They called him Der Soldat. That's German for The Soldier. I'm pretty sure he fought in World War II." Theo explains. "And he was a Nazi?" Cal asks. "And an Alpha werewolf. The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives. They've been doing it for decades. Actually, probably longer." Theo responds. "How old are these guys?" Liam questions. "Who knows? But wherever they go, he goes, too." the Chimera tells them. "So how do we find him?" Liam asks. "Keeping him alive requires a pretty unique set of conditions. There's got to be a power source, it has to be underground..." Theo starts. "And on a telluric current." Scott realises handing Theo the map of the telluride currents in Beacon Hills. Theo smiles in satisfaction "Looks like we're going for a hike." he comments making the alpha and two betas look at each other.