-41-

AN: totally not writing this whilst watching a Marvel film 🙃

"She's going to die Barry, there has to be something we can do!" Lizzie said. Alex stood beside the medical bed that Kara lay on as she stared at the young Kryptonian that she had grown to love as a sister. She couldn't believe what was happening. She could feel the wet droplets of tear rolling down her cheek as they landed on Kara.

"She won't die. I refuse to let her." Barry said as he stared at Kara, hoping an idea would hit him in the head.

"Got any ideas smartass?" Madison asked.

"Now is not the time." Lizzie told Maddie.

"Right, sorry."

"I'll be back guys." Barry said.

"Where are you going?"

"Eh, you'll see. I won't take long." Barry said before speeding off. Lizzie sighed, her eyes landing on a distressed Alex. She walked up to Alex with a warm smile on her face.

"Hey, she'll make it." Lizzie said, softly, as she placed a reassuring hand on Alex', giving it a slight squeeze.

"I know, she's Kara. She's stubborn." Alex said, wiping a tear.

"I- you guys again?" The keeper said as he was zoomed into the room by Barry.

"You listen, this is your fault this is happening. You're going to help us save Kara and only then will we leave you alone." Alex said.

"My fault? How is this my fault?"

"Maybe if you did your fucking job properly and kept an eye on the stupid vase-" Lizzie began.

"Canopic Jar." The keeper corrected.

"Do I look like I give a fuck what it's called? You fix this and you fix it now." Lizzie said.

"Right! Fix...who again?" Barry asked.

"Kara? Barry are you okay?" Alex asked.

"Kara? Who-"

"Your god damn girlfriend Barry." Alex said.

"My girlfriend.... my girlfriend. Kara, right. Sorry. My head... it's.... it doesn't matter." Barry said, squeezing his eyelids shut. Lizzie gave him a questioning, worried glance. The keeper sighed.

"There's only one way to do this." He said.

"Tell us." Maddie said.

"The shadow... it doesn't just take life... it has the power to give life as well. However the spirit is hateful, spiteful. It refuses to give life. It'd rather take lives."

"So... how do we get it to actually help us?" Barry asked.

"The only way you can is to let the spirit inside of you and try to control it."

"Fine, I'll do it." Barry quickly said.

"You must remember it is extremely difficult to do so. If your own alien friend couldn't do it, how could you?"

"Because I have more motivation." Barry said.

"I can let you try. However if you don't get out in time then it will kill you. You sure you wanna take this risk? Any wrong move and you'll die." The keeper warned.

"Die?!" Madison quickly said.

"I'll do it."

"What? Barry-" Lizzie began.

"I'll do it Barry. You shouldn't have to risk your life for my sister."  Alex said.

"Your sister is also the love of my life and I need her back. There's no point in living without her anyways. You have to let me do this guys. Please... just have faith."