-3-

"Hi Kara!" Barry said as Kara awoke from her slumber. Barry was making breakfast that consisted of eggs, sausages and hash browns with a stack of pancakes. The night prior, Barry had managed to convince Kara to keep her own bed whilst he sleeps on the couch, thought it was difficult. She protested at first until eventually, Barry just lay on the sofa, that was already set out for him, and refused to move, forcing Kara to sleep in her own bed.

Barry would not deny, an affection that was more than platonic had definitely sprouted within him when he heard her sing for the first time. However, he pushed that aside at the time but now he was in the same house as her, pretending to be her husband. That wouldn't work out so well so he knew he had to either win her heart or force his feelings to die down. Unfortunately, the second option he knew would be difficult no matter how hard he tried so he decided to attempt the first one and what better way to win her heart than win the way to her stomach?

"Wow Barr, that smells amazing!" Kara said, taking a deep sniff of the air as the smell of pancake batter lingered across the room.

"Thanks. Anyways, I was thinking after breakfast we should go ring shopping if you really want to play this act off well. I mean, thankfully Lena had the great idea of using her company as an excuse but we can't use that forever" Barry said.

"Yea, sure. I'd be more than happy to do so" kara smiled as she took her seat at the table, in front of Barry.

"Great!" Barry smiled before the two began to eat.
————————————————————————
"Oh my rao, this one is stunning!" Kara exclaimed. Barry turned towards her and saw the infectious smile on his face.

"Can she try that one on?" He asked. Kara's jaw dropped as the cashier opened the glass cabinet. Kara leaned closer to Barry.

"What? I can't afford that!" She whispered.

"I'm buying" Barry whispered back.

"What? Barry I can't let you do that! Besides, we should get the cheapest because this isn't even a real relationship" she whispered to him causing Barry to frown.

"I only want the best for my superfriend, wife. Besides, it will make it more believable now try it on." Barry insisted. Kara rolled her eyes as Barry took the ring from the box and grabbed Kara's hand, slipping it onto her finger.

"Perfect fit, can I buy this?" Barry asked the cashier. Kara's jaw dropped once again.

"Barry! At least let me pay for mine then!" Kara whined.

"No."

"Please" kara begged.

"No."

Barry picked up the small gift bag with the box of the two rings they had chosen out.

"You are a lucky girl and you make a wonderful couple!" The cashier called out, causing the two to blush slightly.

As they walked out of the shop, Barry slipped his wedding band on and he got out Kara's golden ring that had a sparkling diamond sat on top. He then slipped it onto her hand.

"Thank you Barry," Kara smiled as she leaned her head on him as they walked for a while.

'Anything for the woman I want' Barry thought.

"Anything for you Kara" Barry said.

"So I was wondering if you want to spend the day together?" Barry asked the female Kryptonian.

"Of course, I'd love to!"

"Well then, lets go shopping for you!" Barry said.
————————————————————————
After an entire day of being at the park and shopping, Barry had one last surprise for Kara.