-42-

Question. Well the answer is probably obvious but... Marvel or DC?

I like both but I prefer Marvel. Yes. The irony. What 'bout yall?

Green. The beam... it radiated the colour green.

"No!" Alex screamed. As Barry caught sight of what was going on, he quickly stopped himself.

Madison sighed.

"Get the shadow out of him now." Madison said, Lizzie beginning to comfort a crying Alex.

"Now!" Madison said to the keeper. He quickly nodded, opening the Canopic jar as a spirit left Barry's body.

Barry looked at what happened.

"No..." he mumbled. Madison walked towards him, placing a comforting hand on Barry's shoulder.

"I failed... I failed Kara... myself... everyone. She's gone..." Barry said.

"Hey, it's not your fault." Madison assured.

"I... I'm so sorry Alex... I-"

"It's fine Barry, she knows it isn't your fault because you tried your best." Lizzie said, speaking for Alex to avoid her saying something she would regret.

"I... This is all my fault. I'm so sorry... I'll give you two some time alone..." Barry said, the guilt in him feeling unbearable.

As well as leaving to give the sisters some time alone, considering he is the reason they will never get an actual conversation again, he was also leaving so he could get some time alone to process what just happened.

He turned to leave, Madison following as Lizzie stood to leave to. Alex stood to sit by Kara's side.

Barry had walked towards the door as he slowly placed his hand on the door. The keeper stood idly, not sure what to do.

Suddenly, a gasp was heard. Barry spun around. He saw that Kara had shot up out of bed, looking around confusedly.

Both Barry and Alex had began smiling through their tears whilst Lizzie and Maddie sighed in relief.

"Oh... it seems... I may have gotten the colours mixed up... green matching with life does make more sense..." The keeper mumbled. After getting ignored he decided that he was no longer needed and vanished into thin air.

Barry ran towards Kara.

"Kara!" Barry smiled.

"Are you okay?" Alex asked, checking Kara for any visible injuries.

"I... I'm fine... I... where am I?" Kara asked.

"The DEO. There are sun lamps around you to give you energy." Barry explained.

"Oh rao, what happened." Kara said, as she held her head.

"I'll let Alex explain and give you two some time alone." Barry said, getting up to leave. He noticed the other three, that were previously present in the room, had disappeared.

——

"She said she wants to see you." Alex said, exiting Kara's medical room to see Barry patiently waiting.

"Thank you for letting us talk." Alex softly smiled at him.

"It's the least I could have done." Barry responded before heading to see Kara.

"Hey." Kara warmly, yet weakly, smiled at Barry as entered the room.

"Hi" Barry calmly responded. Kara budged up on the bed leaving enough space for Barry to sit down. She patted the space beside her before Barry went and laid down next to her. She placed her head on his chest, the sound of his heartbeat soothing her.