-28-

Barry stood outside Kara's... his... their apartment as he took a moment to console himself. He had previously been at Lizzie's apartment as she helped him choose an outfit which ended in black and blue flannel shirt. He couldn't help but feel excited. Maybe things will work out for him after all. 

K n o c k   K n o c k

"Coming!" Kara shouted. On the other side of the door, Kara ran towards the door, stopping to check her hair in a nearby mirror as she messed with it slightly to fix it. She wore a pink dress with long sleeves that hung off her shoulder, a little bow tied around her waist as white, small buttons went down her dress. She wore dark brown ankle boots with a gold zipper on the side.

 She wore dark brown ankle boots with a gold zipper on the side

(That with better sleeves)

She placed her hand in the door before also taking a moment to calm down from the excitement. She then swung the door open.

"Barry!" Kara exclaimed.

"You look gorgeous Kara." Barry smiled.

"She would have looked better if she wore blue. It suits her." Alex said, exiting Kara's room.

"I think she looks gorgeous either way." Barry disagreed.

"And that's why you're my favourite date of hers."

"Really? That's the only reason? Is it not maybe because I'm the best friend of the person you love?"

"Keep saying I love Liz as more than a friend and I'll personally castrate you." Alex threatened.

"You wouldn-" Barry started but upon seeing Alex' glare, he stayed quiet.

"That's what I thought." Alex chuckled.

"Okay before you kill my date can we please have our date?" Kara interrupted.

"Wait I need to ask... why do you care so much if we tease about that? I mean you did it to us." Barry asked.

"I don't."

"No, Alex, answer the question." Kara said, pausing in her place.

"You won't leave until I reply, right?" Alex asked.

"Pretty much." Kara said.

"Well I care because I don't want to make anything weird between us two. We are perfectly fine as friends and I don't want to lose that. I've already been through enough heartbreak from Maggie and I'm not exactly ready to get in the dating business."

"Well that's how I felt and you still pushed. For rao's sake, he was here because my heart was broken. It's okay to fear things but so did I and it was stupid... look how everything turned out." Kara assured

"It's different."

"How so?"

"You two have known each other for so long and... I don't know... I'm just not ready. We can talk about this later, are you guys going?"