-9-

Kara checked her phone once more, it was almost time for her to go to work.

'He wanted me to meet him here. The least he could do is show up' she thought. She frustratedly sighed as she put her stuff in her bag and her long, beige coat on. She threw her empty cup in the small bin as she headed towards the exit.

She accidentally had bumped into someone on her way though.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry!" Kara quickly apologised.

"No worries" The man spoke softly.

"Did I spill anything?" She quickly asked as she fumbled in her purse for any tissues.

"No, it's fine. Nothing spilt except on the side of my cup" He replied. Kara finally got a tissue out.

"Here." She said before looking up and meeting his beautiful, green eyed gaze.

"I'm William." He smiled, sticking his hand out.

"Kara." She smiled, shaking his hand.

"This may be rude but... can I have your number?" He asked.

"Sure." Kara smiled at the handsome (not in the authors opinion) man stood in front of her. She got put a pen from the counter they were near and quickly scribbled her name and number on the folded tissue before handing it back to him.

"I need to go, I'll see you soon." Kara smiled, before leaving the cafe.
———————————————————————
???
Hey!

Kara
Who's this?

???
Oh, sorry it's the stranger from the cafe.
Btw you really shouldn't be giving your number out to strangers.

Kara
Oh William, hi!
And anyways, you aren't going to hurt me. Are you?

William
Couldn't hurt such a pretty face like yours

Kara
I'm still at work, any reason why you messaged?

William
Well I was going to message earlier but I felt that would have seemed to desperate. I don't know. Something about you intrigues me.

Kara
In a good way I hope?

William
Of course. Anyways I was wondering if you want to get lunch sometime.

Kara
Is this a date? I hope not.

William
Nope, just a friendly lunch. So, what do you say?

Kara
I'm free tomorrow

William
2.30?

Kara
That works for me

William
Great! See you then. Can't wait. Maybe we can become friends. Noonans?

Kara
Sure. Anyways I should get back to work. I'll talk to you later :)

William
Talk to you soon

Kara put her phone down as she continued to type into the computers as someone approached her desk.

"Hey Kara." He said.

"Jacob." Kara said, not looking at him as she was too distracted.

"You look hot today"

"Jacob. I told you I'm not looking for a relationship. Especially not with a douchebag like you. You didn't even show up for coffee"

"Right... I was on a date god, chill out"