-8-

"You think?" Alex snorted.

"I don't know?! I just found out my last serious boyfriend is married. And I'm pretending to be married to Barry! My feelings are all over the place" Kara whisper yelled

"Fair point" Alex agreed.

"Alex, that doesn't help! We are meant to be just friends and I made the stupid mistake of falling for him!"

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind"

"No you don't get it! I'm going to ruin our friendship! What we have is... it's amazing. I can't just... I don't know Alex!" Kara screamed in frustration, not too loud of course.

"Kara, relax."

"I don't know what to do Alex. He lives 37 earths away!"

"And he'd stay here for you. I know that Kara."

"No he wouldn't. And he shouldn't have to!"

"He makes you happy, doesn't he?"

"Of course! I've been so happy ever since he came here! And the butterflies I get when he walks in... I just..."

"And he's a good person?" Alex asked.

"Of course! He's a superhero."

"Then I approve."

"What?"

"I approve. Get married and have kids or something. I don't know."

"Alex... I can't just... Barry doesn't even feel the same way."

"Oh, you have no idea." Alex snorted

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing."

"You said it yourself! He marries Lena."

"Lena isn't even a reporter. You definitely helped her write that. Anyways things change. It used to say Iris WestAllen."

"Fair point..."

"Trust me, he loves you."

"What?! How do you know!" Kara panicked.

"Because I do."

"You can't tell him Alex!"

"I won't. That's your job Kara. And you should confess your love."

"No! I can't ruin his life like that... our friendship. He lives so far away..."

"So you're going to... what?"

"I don't know... get someone else. Move on. Kill my love for him... Am I even meant to love? Sometimes I forget my only job is to be Supergirl."

"Don't say that. You're my little sister. That's your job too? Why can't love be one?"

"That's different... My heart always gets broken. I can't break it again... my heart won't be able to handle it. I don't know what to do."

"Well for starters? Confess your feelings to yourself before confessing to him" Alex said, patting Kara's shoulder before she walked off, leaving the Kryptonian in her thoughts.
———————————————————————
Barry sat, patiently waiting for Kara to get home as he watched TV. It was late and he was tired but he wanted to see Kara before he slept. After a while he got bored of watching and switched the TV off. He sighed, looking around. When his eyes landed on the kitchen, he thought maybe he'd cook some food for Kara. She must be hungry. Now that he thought about it, so was he.

He got up and searched the cupboards. He brought out two bags full of uncooked pasta. He went towards the fridge and got out some cream and tomato puree. He then got out some onions and oil and chopped the onions finely before putting it into a pan of hot oil, stirring it every once in a while until it was clear. He then added the two large tubs of heavy cream and added the tomato puree as he stirred. He poured the pasta, which he had previously boiled, in and allowed it to cook. Once it was done he began to eat.