-47-

"Hey Liz, what's up?" Barry asked from the other side of the phone.

"What's up? What's up?! What's up is that you ditched your sick girlfriend and had all of us worried!" Lizzie scolded.

"Ditched? Girlfriend? What do you mean? I was at home the entire time!"

"Yea and you were meant to be at Kara's looking after her! You promised her!"

"Woah woah, Kara? I don't even know a Kara!" Barry protested.

"Of course you do you twat. She's your girlfriend for the love of god!"

"Mhm... nope. I don't have a girlfriend. I have an ex fiancee but her name is Iris."

"Barry, stop playing around. This isn't funny! Can you go to hers and calm her down? You wouldn't answer your phone last night! She was worried sick!"

"Yea because I didn't recognise the name Lizzie. I have no idea why you are screaming at me."

"I'm being serious. Kara hasn't slept all night and she woke me up really early to check on you. I'm too tired for this bullshit."

"Well... I'm sorry for worrying this... Kara, but I'm afraid I really do not know who she is."

"How can that be possible. Bubbly blonde, alien, krypton. Ring any bells?" Lizzie asked, sitting up in her bed.

"Nope, sorry. But she's an alien? That sounds so cool!"

"Oh god. Barry, stay where you are. I'm coming over. I just need to let Alex know."

"Alex? You stayed at hers, huh?" Barry smirked.

"What? No, she's slept the night and she's on my couch for the record. I'm in my bed so don't get any- wait, you remember Alex?"

"Yea... why would I not remember Alex?"

"You remember Alex but not the love of your life."

"Can't say I know what you're talking about."

"Dear God, stay put Barry. I'll be there soon." Lizzie said, sighing as she hung up the phone. She threw her head back, groaning.

——

"Okay so let me get this straight. You remember Alex but not her sister?" Lizzie asked, pacing on front of Barry, who was sat on the couch.

"Wait, Alex has a sister? Awww, how come we've never met her?"

"We have! She is your girlfriend for heaven's sakes. Oh my god." Lizzie groaned.

"I'm sorry Lizzie..." Barry whispered, upset that he had disappointed someone.

Lizzie looked at Barry, sighing before she sat next to him.

"Hey, look at me." Lizzie said, Barry obeying and looking at her.

"This is not your fault. We will figure this out and you'll be happy with Kara." Lizzie assured.

"I still don't know who that is." Barry mumbled.

"You will Barr. You will." Lizzie said, bringing Barry in for a hug. Her chin rested on his shoulder whilst she thought about what she could do to sort this out. She pulled away.

"One more thing. You cannot tell Alex. Or anyone for that matter. Just... pretend you know Kara."

"I can't do that!"