-7-

"Lena... th...that's amazing." Kara said, the fakest smile she had ever worn, besides the one that she had when she found out Mon was married, was plastered on her face.

"You don't seem too happy"

"No, No I am! I'm happy for him! He's my best friend, my superfriend and he deserves happiness." Kara reassured.

"But?"

'But I want to be the one to give him that happiness.' A faint voice in the back of Kara's head said.

'What? Where did that come from!' She thought.

"No but's Alex." Kara smiled.

"Yea, right"

"Hey, so Kara! I'm going to head home now. I'll see you soon? Call if you need me?" Barry asked as he approached the two, MonEl by his side.

"Yea, no of course. I'll be home in a bit" Kara replied. Barry hesitated for a moment in thought, before leaning in and pecking her on the cheeks.

"Bye... babe." He said before speeding off.

'Babe...' she thought as her hand subconsciously moved towards the position that Barry's lips had previously touched. MonEl smiled at her, oblivious to the Kryptonian, before walking away and Alex simply gave her a knowing look. Kara didn't know why but it felt right. She felt happy. Nothing much happened anyways.

"Close your mouth, your drool is falling." Alex said snapping Kara out of her trance.

"Wh...what?"

"It wasn't even on the lips Kara. You, baby sis, are madly in love"
———————————————————————
"Hey, I thought you came home ages ago?" Kara asked, pausing the TV. She came home not long ago expecting to see Barry but he was not there.

"Oh, I did but then I got bored and decided to go see Lena at work"

"Lena, huh? You seem to be spending a lot of time with her" Kara mumbled.

"Is my lovely wife jealous?" Barry asked.

"What? No, why does everyone keep saying that?"

"I was teasing Kara."

"Right"

"Besides, who is teasing about that?" Barry asked as he walked towards her.

"No one." Kara smiled.

"Kara, you look sad. Any reason?"

"No"

"Tell me"

"There's nothing wrong!"

"Come on, tell me."

"I'm fine Barry" Kara smiled. She didn't feel happy although she didn't know why. But she should be happy.

"Okay then, guess I'll have to get it out of you" Barry said as he walked even closer to Kara

"What does that-" kara began but soon stopped due to a fit of laughter that she was happening.

"Stop Barry!" She said but she couldn't help but laugh as her head met the sofa. She tried to escape his grasp but struggled to.

Her hands clutched her stomach as she pleaded for him to stop, her laughters not being able to suppress itself and escaping her lips.

"Nope. Not until you stop looking so sad!" Barry smiled.

"Okay, Okay! I'm happy, see?" Kara said. At that, Barry moved his hands as they instead just held him up. They were flat down beside Kara, holding him up.