-43-

"What?" Barry asked.

"I... I'm so sorry Barry but..."

"Can you just... repeat that Kara?" Lizzie requested, not believing a single word of what she heard.

"I'm sorry Liz..."

"That bitch." Lizzie whispered under her breath as she took a moment to full process what she had just heard.

"Madison is... Voltage?"

"She told me when I was... well, you know. She didn't exactly know that I'd actually hear clearly." Kara explained.

"I'll be back." Barry angrily mumbled to Kara.

Lizzie saw Barry get up, ready to speed off and put Madison in a cell as he had already heard enough.

"No. Stay here." Lizzie said.

"What, why? We've heard it. We have no reason to keep her free.   Barry asked.

"Because if anyone is going to put that backstabbing dickhead in a cell then it's going to be me. You shouldn't even have to look at her after that." Lizzie said, refusing to hear any protests as she simply walked off, her heeled ankle boots hitting the floor.

"Liz... Lizzie! Wait!" Alex called, chasing after her.

Alex caught up to her, grabbing her wrist and twisting her around.

"What Alex?"

"I get it, you're pissed and have every right to be. But what are you going to do? How are you going to put her in a cell? We have no idea what she is capable of and it's better if we get it done quickly. Let Barry do it."

"You're only saying that because you don't actually think I can do it."

"Of course I do-"

"No... you always underestimate me. I am so much more capable than you think. I know my worth and I won't allow myself to receive less. So please, with all due respect, piss off. Stop being so patronising for the love of god. I am not a child, I can handle myself."

"Lizzie, you are going to get badly hurt. Don't go marching into battle in a shitty mood."

"This isn't the first time you've acted like I can't do shit."

"I'm so sorry for this Liz... but it's for your protection." Alex said.

"What?" Lizzie asked. Alex quickly lifted her hand as she sent a punch towards Lizzie's face. Lizzie, however, managed to interject just in time, twisting Alex' arm as she fell to the floor.

"Shit..." Lizzie mumbled, knowing that her sudden skills would seem somewhat sketchy. She could feel her powers tingling through her veins to the point that the cuffs, that held tight onto her wrists, felt like they would explode.

Lizzie began to run, her heels clacking against the tiled floor, as she made her way from what would most likely become an interrogation scene with Alex.

Her real past was too traumatising to relive. It had to stay between her, Barry and her father. She could stay with her... slightly twisted truth for now. She couldn't let Alex get too suspicious on her ability to fight. No one could beat an Agent, like Alex, unless they had real training. If her lie of her 'training herself' were true then she would definitely not be able to fight like this. But that was a story for another time.

For now? To find Madison. That should prove easy considering Madison doesn't yet know that they are onto her.

——

"Oh, hey Liz. Sorry I'm late. The cue was running long but I got the-" Madison began as a furious Lizzie walked towards her, throwing a punch towards Madisons's face.