-56-

Me^

And I'm sorry if this chapter is shit. It is currently half 1 and I'm tired 😭

The week had been following... a rocky path to say the least. Everyone now knew about Barry and had all felt terrible. Madison felt guilty, Lizzie felt guilty but out of all 3, Kara felt the most guilty.

If she just protected Barry better! If she had never let him out her sight! Rao, she had gone through so much and life was throwing more at her. What had she done to deserve this? She gave to the world and all she wanted in return is her loved ones safety.  What was the point on being a superhero if she couldn't even protect her world? Her Barry? 

If Barry really did leave her alone in this world then she knew it wasn't meant to be. Love. It was a hoax. It wasn't meant for her. She only had one purpose and to do any more was selfish and wrong. That's why Barry was going to die. Because she allowed herself to fall for him. She confessed. Rao, how stupid she was for thinking she could get her happily ever after. 

Happy ever after. What a stupid lie? It was just a dumb fairytale to give a child hope. That child had once been Kara and she was filled with false hope ever since.

'If happy ever after did exist... I would be holding you like this' Kara thought, stroking the picture frame of the two. Specifically Barry's face. Her wet tears landed on the clear plastic that encased the delicate picture.

Barry stood from the doorway.

God, he felt so guilty. It was Kara's birthday and she was spending it crying! Crying for gods sakes! Well thankfully he had a plan which he had hoped would cheer her up.

Lizzie and Alex agreed to watch over National in the meantime.

"Happy birthday babe." Barry softly smiled from the door. Kara quickly wiped her tears, turning towards Barry.

"Barry... you remembered?"

"Of course babe, why wouldn't I."

"I just thought-"

"No negative thoughts today baby." Barry whispered, taking the frame out of her hand as he placed it on the desk.

"I got you a little something." Barry said, reaching into his pocket as he pulled a box out.

"Oh Barry.. you didn't have to..."

"But I did." Barry said, opening the box as a rose gold locket was presented to Kara. It was encased in swirls and a single diamond proudly sat in the middle like a royal sitting on a throne.

"I...it's beautiful Barry...." Kara said, shedding another tear except this time it held a different emotion.

"Put it on!" Barry excitedly said. Impatient with waiting for Kara, who was too in awe by the gesture, he took it out of the box. He pushed Kara's honey locks to the side, clasping the necklace as it sat perfectly around her neck. She fixed her hair.

"Open it." Barry said.

Kara held the heart, admiring the piece of jewellery for a second, before opening it to see a picture of Barry and Kara when they had first met.

"You... you have a picture?"

"Turns out the camera's around CatCo take pretty good pictures, even when I'm running around." Barry chuckled.

"Barry, I love it." Kara smiled, wrapping her arms around him in an embrace.

"Wait, that's not all!"

"There's more?"

"Of course!" Barry said, pulling out a wrapped gift from inside the bedside table.

"Hmm, what's this?" Kara smiled.