-10-

AN: I'm not starting any romantic shit between these two by the way.

Also, double chapter? Because I'm the only one out of my 9 friends isolating? And I'm extremely bored?

Lizzie was sat in the passenger seat of Barry's car, which he had used to pick her up due to her not knowing about his speed. She was wrapped in a blanket, tears falling down her face.

"I did it... I got him arrested. I ruined his life. It's all my fault" she mumbled.

"Liz... it's not your fault. Besides, he was going to kill you."

"Barry... I'm 25. I should know how to protect myself. God damn it, the only reason I still lived with him is because he was a drunkard who lost his wife. He couldn't make a living or take care of himself. So I chose to be the person who would. Part of my responsibility was to protect him from insanity. I have no where to go... he's going to hate me. I never thought he'd pull a knife on me though..."

"Lizzie... you are my best friend. I've known you for as long as I can remember. Our moms were best friends too. I think it was sweet of you to give up your entire life to protect your father but he crossed a line. I can't tell you what's right and wrong because that's for you to decide but attempted murder is definitely wrong."

"I know... I just... I'm sorry, I'm acting like a scared child."

"No, you're acting like a person who almost died tonight." Barry said, pulling up in front of his apartment.

"Thank you Barry. For everything" she smiled. He came closer towards her and wiped her tear off.

"I'll always be here for you." He said before opening the door and exiting the car.
————————————————————————
Kara decided it was time to go see Barry. She shouldn't be avoiding him but she'd find it difficult to explain herself.

She unlocked the door of her apartment, smelling the air as she noticed it smelt like something had burned.

"Barry?" She called out as she locked the door behind her. She turned around to see a burnt pancake on the oven and a smashed glass on the floor.

"Rao! What happened here?" She mumbled as she slowly walked towards everything.

"Barry?" She called out again. Although, to no response she pulled her phone out, scrolling to his number.

"Where are you." She mumbled as the phone began to dial. She could hear the sound of a phone ringing as she followed the sound to the kitchen island where she saw a lit up phone ringing.

"Oh this is not funny." She spoke to herself, beginning to get worried as she hung up the phone. She quickly scrolled to Alex' name at hit dial as she put it on speaker and walked towards the dustpan and brush.

"Hello?" Alex said.

"Alex, hi, is... is Barry with you? Do you know where he is?" Kara asked as she tidied up the broken glass shards.

"No, have you checked your apartment?" Alex asked.

"I'm there right now and there's a burnt pancake on the stove and glass shards scattered all over the floor"

"Oh, that's not good. Maybe he has gone out. He'll be back soon, have you checked with Lena?"

"He wouldn't have gone out without tidying his mess. I know him by now. And I haven't checked with Lena."

"Ask her. If she doesn't know come to the DEO. We'll try finding him."

"Okay, thanks Alex."

Kara sighed as she threw the shards into the bin and picked up her phone to ring Lena.