-53-

A/N: I got 1.3K views on my first chapter and 13.3K views on the entire story and like now I'm happy , thank you 🥺🥺

Did I sit on tiktok watching superflash edits and end up making one? Yes. No regrets. Superflash/Superfriends edits just make me happy.

This chapter is boring, sorry

Barry shot up from his slumber, sweat beads painting his pale face as he panted in fear. He looked beside him, slightly calming down as he saw Kara's face.

Opting to not wake her up, he decided to sit quietly, deciding what that nightmare could have meant. Well... not so much a nightmare.

He felt a hand press on his back lightly as he looked beside him, Kara only half asleep.

"Babe?" Kara whispered.

"Go back to sleep hun."

"What happened?"

"I...it was nothing."

"Honey, you've already woken me up. Superhearing. You can tell me, I'm always here for you." Kara assured.

Barry sat in thought for a moment, contemplating what to do.

"It was just a nightmare" he lied.

He decided that Kara had already been through so much. Losing her parents and her planet at a young age and then being trapped in the phantom zone, only to wake up in a strange world where she knew no one. Being taken in and having to live with strangers rather than her parents, who she'd always get nightmares about. Struggling to control her powers and having to live through another parent figure dying. She even had to watch her aunt die in her arms and find out her mum had lied to her.

Then her ex leaving her after having lied to her, only to return with a wife. Not to mention the love of her life, being him, having forgotten about him. Oh, and the whole Kara being possessed and almost dying.

Barry couldn't allow her to stress with the inevitable. No one could do anything. He had to spend his last moments with her happily.

"Are you sure?"

"Yea, lets go back to sleep." Barry said, Kara snuggling her head into Barry's bare chest.

Barry wasn't able to sleep though. He kept thinking about what he had heard. He was to die soon. He found it unfair though. He had hoped to marry a good woman, raise a family. Leave something behind that mattered. All with Kara. He'd get none of those and, not only would his life be gone, bur Kara's along with it.

Kara, having already lost so much, could lose herself just as easily and he was worried about that.

God, what he would do if anything were to happen to Kara. His sweet, beloved Kara.

He wouldn't be able to bear to see it. It was unfair what the world was throwing her way. He hated it. She deserved none of this. Especially after she had given so much, saving lives as best she could. She didn't deserve this. She was the sweetest soul you could ever find and this is what she got in return.

Barry looked at Kara, observing as her chest lifted up and down, her gorgeous, wavy hair scattered everywhere as her perfect face looked at peace. For now.

He placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you." He whispered.

——

"You're slowly learning how to control them. Now try to hit me with a mirror shard." Barry instructed.

"What?! No, you could get hurt!" Lizzie protested