-6-

"What? CECE IS ALLY'S BROTHER? Okay, plot twist!" Kara screamed as she turned the TV off after the dramatic plot twist.

"That was a huge plot twist but calm down Kara" Alex laughed.

"Okay, so now that we are alone, that newspaper article. What did it say?" Kara asked, changing the subject as she asked the question that had been on her mind this entire time.

"That erm... Barry... he well... he goes missing Kara... I'm sorry to break it to you..." Alex frowns.

"What?! That can't be possible. I mean, the newspaper must be a lie. He can't go missing..."

"I'm afraid he does Kara"

"You know what? It's okay, I'm fine. Why? Because Barry is strong and... and resilient and he will find his way back to m... errr us. I have faith in him" Kara smiled, her optimism radiating off of her like the brightest light. She truly believed her words. Though it may hurt for a while when he goes missing, she knew Barry would return. For he is the strongest person she knows.

"So, what... what else did the article say?" Kara asked, pushing for the answer she really wanted to know.

"Nothing... just... just that he goes missing in 2024"

"That's enough time for us that means. But what about... the byline? Does... does Barry get back together with Iris?" Kara asks, hoping she gets the answer she wanted.

"Nope" Alex said, immediately looking away.

"Then who is it?" Kara asked eagerly.

"You seem to want to know a lot about Barry's love life" Alex teased as she tried to find a way out of the conversation.

"Well... I erm... of course I do. He's my best friend! I need to know that this person is worthy of his heart!" Kara lied even if she truly believed her words

"Yea right."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kara inquired, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Nothing!"

"No, tell me"

"It's just... I see the way you look at Barry, the way he looks at you."

"Wh..what do you mean? There's no look! We're just friends!" Kara defended.

"And that... the way you blush and get so defensive when anyone brings him up"

"Because you guys talk about our relationship being more than it is and... it isn't!"

"Yea? And the looks are just, what? Friends being friends?"

"There are no looks" Kara groaned.

"Whatever, anyways speaking of Barry, where is he?" Alex asked.

"Oh, Lena invited him to get breakfast together" Kara said.

"What, no invite for you?"

"What? Oh, no. I think Lena's just trying to be friendly towards him. I mean, he's new and all and she's just trying to help him get comfortable and become friends" Kara said although it sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than Alex.

"But Barry knows you so why didn't you get an invite."

"Hmm, I don't know." Kara frowned.

"It's okay I guess. I'm not too fussed as long as Barry's making new friends whilst he's here. I mean somedays I have work and he'll need company" Kara smiled.

"Right." Alex said in more of a 'yea right' tone. That's when the door began to unlock as laughter was heard from the other side.

"Speaking of the devil" Alex said.