-46-

A/N: Don't kill me at the end of this chapter ;P

"Oh God..." Barry mumbled.

"Aww, now is that any way to greet your own mother Bartholomew?" The older woman asked.

"Oh no, see that's where you are wrong. My mothers name is Nora Allen."

"Strange, I don't remember her going through 9 hours of labour just to give birth to you."

"Yea? Well family is more than blood. It's a bond which I have... had with her. Besides, you lost that title and respect when you killed the girl I loved."

Barry remembered it like it was yesterday. He was sent to earth at the age of 5 and had began to His birth mother would occasionally visit him. He may have been in love with Iris but when he was around 10, a girl his age had asked him out. He decided to say yes, considering she was a sweet girl, or so he thought. Completely excited, he told all three of his parents.

What he didn't know is that the young girl had done this on a dare and truly did not share feelings for Barry. When she had broken the news to him, Barry had told all 3 of his parents. He wasn't too heartbroken over the relationship considering his heart belonged to another. Iris...

What he didn't expect was that his biological mother would have gotten so angry at the traitorous behaviour and would have gone to visit the little girl, furious. His first girlfriend had never been seen again after that. Never returned home or anything. Just a lifeless body, left on the streets leaving a, formerly happy, couple in tears.

They hadn't know who had been the culprit of such a cold hearted crime but Barry had been walking past and had seen it. He had then cut off all connections with his mother, suppressing his powers so his mother would not be able to contact him.

"Barry, I-" Madison began.

"You're with her. I should have known."

"Yea, I thought it was strange that you didn't after the whole DNA test thing."

"Why would anyone lie about being my sibling? I just assumed you were Nora's daughter so I faked the test so no one would find out that I'm.... I'm."

"Go on, say it." Barry's mother urged.

"Own up to it. Own up to your heritage."

"I'm nothing but a meta human. What the hell are you doing here?"

"Saving my daughter and saving my family. That includes you."

"What makes you think I need saving?" Barry asked.

"Now don't be like that." Barry's mother pouted.

"Be like what Aphrodite? Angry? You killed someone! You know I don't condone that behaviour."

"I know but-"

"Just leave me alone." Barry mumbled.

"Now!" Barry said, raising his voice slightly.

"Fine. I shall leave however do not think this will he the last of it all. I will be back." Aphrodite said before orbing out, gold sparkles covering where she should have been along with Madison's body.

"No, not her. I- ugh." Barry groaned. Knowing that there was nothing he could do and that he'd just have to feign shock when he saw that she'd escaped, Barry headed back to Kara.

——

"Hey babe, what took you so long?" Kara asked.

"What? Oh, nothing. The cues were really long." Barry lied.

"Oh? Well is everything okay? I heard you shouting at someone." Kara asked.