-55-

Two months had passed since Barry had lied about his powers being lost.

Giving the excuse that Thawne's memory poison had caused him to loose his powers, he had managed to somewhat heed Lizzie's orders.

Kara had, of course, felt piteous for the speedster and had comforted him with the loss of his powers, a huge part of himself.

"We still haven't figured out who that red streak is!" Kara groaned.

"Yea..." Barry mumbled.

"Whoever he is, I'm pretty sure he's pretty close by" Lizzie said, her gaze fixated on Barry. If looks could kill, Barry would so be dead right now.

Barry had, in discreet, continued to use his powers to help Kara out on missions.

Entering Flash point made it easy for him to get to and fro and make it seem like he never left the DEO and no one would suspect him. Why would they? He lost his powers and had no reason to lie. Plus, it never even looked like he left.

Kara had, of course caught sight of the lightning streak zooming past. Ever since, they had tried to figure out who it could be that is exactly like Barry.

However Lizzie immediately knew the truth. She'd been extremely pissed at him ever since and had made it obvious. Everyone knew that something was going on between the two but had no idea what.

Alex had tried to ask Lizzie and Kara had tried to ask Barry, seeing that the distance between the two was affecting them. They didn't seem as happy without each other but both Barry and Lizzie refused to tell, assuring them it was nothing.

Anytime Barry were to look at Lizzie, he'd see her glaring at Barry with the most deadly look ever.

When Kara had first spoken about a streak, similar to Barry, Lizzie was infuriated and had requested that she speak to him alone.

Barry had followed her into another room, only to be met with a slap.

'What the hell Barry?'

'You slapped me...' Barry mumbled.

'That streak is you. I know it is.'

'Okay... so maybe it is..'

'You promised!'

'I know... and I'm sorry Liz... I just... I can't let Kara get hurt.'

'She's an indestructible alien for heavens sakes. What's going to happen to her that she can't handle?'

'I don't know Lizzie... but it's my duty to keep her safe as both her friend and lover.'

'Yea? But how will you continue to protect her after you die?'

'I'm going to die either way Lizzie!'

'Then at least spend this time with us! God, stop being so selfish for once!'

'Selfish?! I'm doing this for everyone, kara, you! I'm risking my life for you all'

'Then don't! It's that simple!'

'It's more than that Lizzie!'

'God, you're so stubborn. I'm trying to keep you safe for as long as possible! Can you not just listen for once?!'

'Lizzie I have to do this. I'm sorry...'

'Fine, do it. Don't blame me though if you die and miss out on time with Kara.' Lizzie said, tears welling in her eyes.

'You know that's not what I want-' Barry said, a hint of water in his eyes too.

'Yea? Well it sure seems like it' Lizzie spat before walking out.