[ t w e l v e ]

t w e l v e
o w n t h e b o a r d

ECONOMICS WITH COACH WASN'T ONE OF AMELIA'S FAVORITE CLASSES, YET SHE ENJOYED THAT SHE GOT TO SIT IN FRONT TO STILES

ECONOMICS WITH COACH WASN'T ONE OF AMELIA'S FAVORITE CLASSES, YET SHE ENJOYED THAT SHE GOT TO SIT IN FRONT TO STILES. The guy gave her a tiny smile as they both sat down closer to each other, right before being interrupted by the Coach talking.

"Let's go. Sit, sit, sit, sit. We got a lot to cover today," he insisted to the students that were arriving to the classroom. "Let's go."

"Stiles, sit behind me," Scott told the guy, and Scott was about to move from her position behind Amelia, but Allison was quicker, taking the spot. "Hey," he said to the girl.

"Hey," she replied back, "I haven't seen you all day."

"Uh, yeah," he tried to avoid, looking for a cover up. "I've been super busy."

"When are you gonna get your phone fixed? I feel like I'm totally disconnected from you," said the girl to him and Amelia saw as he raised his eyebrows.

"Uh, soon. Real soon," he answered. Amelia could hear his heartbeat. The guy was nervous.

"I changed lab partners, by the way." Amelia turned around to look at Stiles, who was as shock as she was.

"Oh, to who?" Asked dumbly Scott, making Allison chuckle.

"To you, dummy."

"That's second hand embarrassment," whispered Amelia towards Stiles, looking at him. The guy was focused more on the conversation Scott was having than what she was saying. "Hey, Stiles?"

"Huh?" He said, still listening to Scott and Allison.

"You wanna be my lab partner? I mean, Scott totally ditched you and, I don't know. Maybe this time I can help you with something else rather than Greek mythology. That's if you want me to spend time at your place, of course."

"Huh?" The guy repeated, clearly not paying attention to what she was saying.

Amelia looked at him angrily for a few seconds before turning around again, staring at Coach instead.

He saw as the guy hit his desk with the textbook, making everyone jump a little.

"Wait..." she heard Stiles saying before leaning in towards her. "What did you ask me? Was it important? Did I miss it?"

She ignored him, paying attention to what Coach was talking about.

"Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading. Greenberg out your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading." He stepped in front of his desk. "How about..."

Amelia immediately looked towards the ground, trying to be subtle about it. She did the reading, she just didn't like to talk.

"McCall."