[ t w e n t y n i n e ]

t w e n t y  n i n e
e r i c a

"SO SCOTT WASN'T LYING WHEN HE SAID YOU HAD A THING FOR CHESS," was the thing Allison pointed out as the two played on the floor of the basement

Amelia chuckled before moving her pawn, looking at the girl. "I bet your dad trains you a bit differently than this."

"Last time he faked a kidnap."

"Cool," Lizzie said as she looked up from her arrow. "Can you pretend a kidnap?"

"No, Lizzie," her sister told her before moving the knight. "Checkmate..."

Allison looked down at the board for a few seconds before raising her eyes towards the girl, who was simply standing up as her sister took her place, ready to play.

"Okay, I understand why you and Scott play chess, and that's to control your powers," pointed Allison out before she stood up, standing in front of Amelia. "How is it gonna help me?"

Amelia nodded. It was a valid question.

"Your opponent has the supernatural ability to run faster, lift two cars at the same time and has better reflexes that you. It can catch an arrow easily, but that depends how you release it."

"You're teaching me how to hunt werewolves?" Amelia shook her head.

"Nah, I think that you get enough from your father... I'm teaching you how to hunt Sealgairs. And this is how Sealgairs train, this is how you are going to know them and hunt them down."

Allison looked at her friend quietly, trying to understand what she was saying.

"Sealgairs are more difficult than werewolves. Werewolves are drawn by instinct, they are weak if they travel alone, that's why hunters separate them, I bet your father told you that." She nodded. "Sealgairs work great in groups... but they aren't weak alone. They are supernatural creatures born to hunt, and the only way to beat them is to win at their game."

"Why am I interested in beating Sealgairs?" Allison questioned and Amelia chuckled.

"Because Sealgairs kill everything they have in front of them. There is no code. So if the Argents get in their way of their pray, they won't be afraid of shooting... and right now, I am their prey."

"How do I win against someone that doesn't have any rules?" Allison asked and Amelia pointed towards the chessboard.

"You are really good in the physical part, and I got your father training you for that so I don't have to get my hands too dirty," Amelia said before she approached Lizzie, who was ready to start playing. "But you have to beat them in the mental state. Sealgairs are seekers that haven't made their connection, so their powers are in minimum capacity. You have an advantage: you are human."

"How's that an advantage?"

"That Sealgairs can only smell and hear supernatural creatures, not humans. The Argents have spent too much time afraid of to even realize that they have an advantage over them by simply being normal. They won't see you coming. Many years ago, seekers were terrified of what humans were capable of, and that's why they decided to protect the creatures. Make them fear you again. And don't be afraid of being afraid... use fear as your fuel, not your guide."