[ f o r t y f i v e ]

f o r t y  f i v e
b a d  t r u s t

f o r t y  f i v eb a d  t r u s t

STILES WAS IN MS. MORRELL'S OFFICE IN HIS KNOW WEEKLY VISIT. The guy was fixing his lacrosse stick as he talked to the counselor, not actually looking at her at all.

"You know when you're drowning, you don't actually inhale until right before you black out," started explained the guy to Ms. Morrell, not looking at her. "It's called voluntary apnea." The image of Matt drowning came to his mind, but decided to keep focusing on fixing the lacrosse stick. "It's like no matter how much you're freaking out, the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your head's exploding."

He continued to knit the rope of the lacrosse stick, trying to not look towards the counselor. He wasn't okay with this weekly visits yet, he decided to assist anyway. Talking was the only thing keeping him sane right now.

"But then, you finally do let it in, that's when it stops hurting," he continued. "It's not scary anymore. It's actually kind of peaceful."

Ms. Morrell intervened in Stiles monologue. "Are you saying you hope Matt felt some peace in his last moment?" She asked him and the guy scoffed.

"I don't feel sorry for him," he admitted with full honesty.

The image of the guy shooting his girlfriend played in his head again.

"Can you feel sorry for the nine-year-old Matt who drowned?"

Stiles looked up towards the woman, putting his lacrosse stick on his lap. "Just because a bunch of dumbasses dragged him into a pool when he couldn't swim doesn't really give him the right to go off killing them one by one," explained Stiles sincerely, also kind of seriously. Like with a bit of anger.

Oh, he was angry.

"My dad told me that they found a bunch of pictures of Amelia... of my girlfriend," he clarified, "on Matt's computer. And not just of her though. I mean, he cut me out of some and photoshopped himself into these pictures," Stiles explained, with so much anger that if he was supernatural his eyes would be shining by now. "Stuff like them holding hands and kissing. You know, like he had built this whole fake relationship. So yeah, maybe drowning when he was nine years old was what sent him off the rails, but the dude was definitely riding the crazy train."

His dad had shown him the pictures, as a matter of fact, pictures of his girlfriend sitting in her car, and how Matt had placed himself sitting next to her in the seat right beside her. Pictures of her next to himself, Stiles, as he kissed her cheek and how he had cropped him out of the photo, replacing him with himself. It disgusted him, how obsessed he was.

"One positive thing came out of this though."

She was referring to his dad returning to be sheriff, and he had no clue how to feel about that either.