[ t w e n t y s i x ]

t w e n t y s i x
s t r o n g e r i n n u m b e r s

"SHE ATE THE LIVER?" Asked Amelia in disgust as they walked to the door of the school

It was Monday morning, and all the gossip and news around was that Lydia Martin, one of the most popular girls in school, was running naked around the woods by being attacked by a rabid animal.

Amelia noticed that if it wasn't because of Lydia, much people wouldn't even approach her. She was starting to think she should ask Allison how to be nicer, or how to smile more at least. In exchange, she could teach her how to hid a dagger in your boot without hurting your skin.

"No, I didn't say she ate it. I just said it was missing," clarified Stiles, as if that made anything better. "And you know what? Even if she did, so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body?"

"I never ate anyone's liver," mumbled Scott looking to his best friend.

Amelia laughed at the idea of Scott eating someone's liver.

"Yea, right, 'cause when it comes to werewolves, you're a real model of self-control," said Amelia sarcastically. "I had your senses during a full moon and it was the worst thing that has ever happened to me."

"Actually, wait, hold on," stopped them Stiles before pointing at Scott. "Amelia's right. You're the taste case for this, so we should be going over what happened to you."

"What do you mean?"

Amelia clicked her tongue. "He means, what was going through your mind when you were turning, you know? What was your little doggie-dog heart drawn to?" She pinched him on the arms, making him upset.

"Suddenly, I feel back in third grade," he murmured.

Yeah, when they were little kids, Amelia would always make fun of Scott. He hated it, he always had. Now that they were back being best friends, she quickly picked on her old habits, and he wasn't enjoying himself now that the two lived in the same house.

"Allison," Scott replied to the question.

"Okay, nothing else? Seriously?" Asked Stiles in disbelief.

"Nothing else mattered."

"Okay, Shakespeare, ease it up a bit," told him Amelia.

"But, no, that's good, though, right? 'Cause the night that Lydia was bit, she was with the two of you."

Stiles sighed. "Not quite. She was looking for Jackson."

"Well, that's gonna be a pain in the ass," Amelia said. "Don't you guys have practice or something?" Stiles and Scott groaned in unison while the girl chuckled. "Don't complain. I'll support you on the bleachers."

The three entered the building, ready to start their day back at school.

• • •

Amelia entered the chemistry lab before sitting next to Isaac. The guy looked at her and she smiled at him before looking towards Mr. Harris, who was handling sheets of paper.