Chapter 15

You quickly climb the ladder and storm past Finn and Rey as the ramp lowers, revealing an anxious Leia Organa standing with crossed arms.

She smiles widely at the sight of all of you returning safely, though her friendly features soon change when she sees you march closer.

"What happened?" She asks gently, you just glare at her silently and strut past her, towards your quarters.

You're going to keep up the facade of being angry at their secrecy.

"Y/N?" She calls behind you, you don't even acknowledge her as you continue on.

You can hear her following you, until Han calls her name and she stops to talk to him.

It takes little time to reach your room, the door shuts softly behind you as you begin packing all of your clothes and belongings into a beige duffel bag.

After a few minutes, everything you want to take with you is stuffed into the bag. You press on your com link and wait for S2 to arrive, but something catches your eye as you turn towards the door.

The photograph of you and Ben sits innocently on your nightstand, your eyes narrow on the image.

A deep pain sears across your chest as you walk towards it, picking the frame up delicately.

His large smile, your lips on his cheek. There's no trace of the brewing darkness within him in this photograph.

How were you supposed to know the extent of his suffering?

You squint as tears begin to pour, you collapse onto the bed as sobs rake across your body. The glass bottle holding your feelings has sprung a leak.

The sadness completely overwhelms you, pushing you from the bed and onto your knees. You place your head on the cold floor as you continue to wail, the hurricane that is your emotions sweeping you into its wrath. Except, there is no eye of this storm, and there's no perceivable end. Just spheres of ice slapping against your ribcage, outrageous wind rattling your heart until all that remains are small shards waiting to be blown away. Your body aches as you weep, your thoughts consumed by grief and betrayal.

You could've stopped him from turning. You could have prevented all of this.

The door sliding open disrupts your melancholic outbreak, you sit up quickly to see S2 whirring curiously beside you.

"We're leaving," You say, pressing all of your feelings back down into the bottle, sealing the metaphorical lid.

The droid chirps in confusion as you walk towards the bathroom. You turn on the sink and splash cool water on your face, wiping the moisture off your face with the small grey towel beside the basin.

Small, though receding, red splotches freckle your complexion. Your (e/c) eyes have never looked more empty, you feel as though you're looking into an abyss.

The bipolarity of your reaction to this situation is giving you whiplash.

Make a decision, Y/N.

You can deal with the grief later, right now you need to get out.

"I'll explain after we're gone," You tell the droid, grasping the heavy bag and placing it over your shoulder.

You place the picture on your bed and sigh, hastily moving towards the door.

There are a few Resistance members walking down the hallway joyously, celebrating the destruction of Starkiller Base. You roll your eyes and continue towards the hangar.