Chapter 40

The first person who you make eye contact is Leia Organa, who also has gained new grey hairs since your departure.

Her brown eyes watch you sympathetically as you gain your bearings in the comforting yet off-putting hangar.

Show time.

You grin widely and jog down the ramp, immediately throwing yourself into her arms.

"Y/N, I'm so glad to see you back here," She admits as you hug.

Animosity floods your being, and it takes almost everything within you to suppress these emotions, masking them from Leia.

You pull away from her and grin knowingly, "I'm glad to be back."

Her eyes narrow on you suspiciously, but the look is gone as soon as it appears.

"Thank the stars!" You hear a feminine accent throw out.

You turn from Leia just in time to see Rey barreling towards you.

She slams against you in the most intense embrace you've ever experienced, you can't help the laughter that escapes.

"I thought you were as good as dead!" She exclaims seriously.

"I had a plan, jeez!" You respond as you draw away from her slightly.

A huff sounds behind you and you instantly turn towards the releaser.

"It's like I don't matter to you anymore," Finn says with a frown.

"Commander Finn, you're always a priority!" You tell the tall man lurking beside you before being welcomed into his arms.

The fakeness oozing from your bones is enough to make you want to projectile vomit, but the show must go on.

And besides, Rey and Finn didn't really do anything... That you know of.

"Come on, let her have some space," Leia beckons and both Rey and Finn take half a step backwards. "I'm sure Y/N would like to rest."

That's the last thing you want, especially because you probably won't be able to sleep without a certain mans arms wrapped around you.

Your ruse must be working, though.

A droid whirring grabs your attention, and you have little time to brace for impact as S2 comes hustling toward you.

"S2!" You exclaim loudly as you crouch in expectance.

The droid crashes in to you and almost knocks you over, chirping wildly.

If there's anyone you've missed terribly, it's this droid.

"I'll tell you everything later, darling," You tell the droid.

You rise and stand expectantly, glancing around the jubilant faces.

"Y/N, you know where your room is, if you want to rest for a while before we meet with the other superiors," Leia suggests calmly.

You look toward her appreciatively and begin to walk toward your old room.

You're surprised that they left your quarters intact, considering you basically abandoned them for months with no explanation.

The grey doors slide closed behind you and you let out a huge sigh of relief.

There's no more acting, at least right now.

The room seems barren, and uncomfortable. There's no decor, and the picture of you and Ben is missing from your bed where you left it.