Chapter 28

Your handcuffs fall to the floor after the door closes behind you, undoubtedly locking you in to your new room.

You have to admit, the First Order has style when it comes to their bedroom decor.

To your right is a few stairs, leading up to a large area holding one of the biggest, and surely the most comfortable bed that you have seen in your lifetime. Red silk sheets line the bed, with black and gold drapes hanging from the ceiling above the bed.

A dark wardrobe stands against the wall to the right of the bed, and across from it is a floor-to-ceiling window revealing the expanse of space.

To your left, a doorway to what you assume is the bathroom.

Curiosity consumes your being as you pad over to the door, glancing into the relatively dark space.

A light flickers on as you enter, revealing an absolutely massive bathroom.

A large glass shower stands next to a black clawfoot tub. The sink has gold decals and you can't help but think if this is how every room is decorated or if Kylo had any say in the decoration (he has to remember your affinity for all things gold, it would be ridiculous if he didn't).

Before you even recognize your actions, you're already undressed and steaming underneath the powerful shower head.

Your head remains empty of thought while you scrub dirt and dried blood off of your skin. You hadn't even realized how disgusting you had become over the last few days, though it does make sense.

Dirt lines the white marble floor and you can't help but stare at it emotionlessly.

Relief floods your body after a certain point.

You've made it past your first day here, and you're still alive, and only mildly maimed.

Your hand reaches for the shampoo bottle on the shelf and you pause as you look at the bottle in your hand.

The black bottle reads an irrelevant name, but it's far from irrelevant to you.

"I think that's why I like you so much," Ben says while lightly pushing you with his shoulder.

The two of you are walking towards Ben's hut, his excitement for playing Dejarik overwhelming his presence.

"You only like me because my shampoo smells nice?" You ask humorously.

"Exactly. That's the only reason," He tells you with a smirk.

You glare at him and roll your eyes before taking his hand in yours and lacing your fingers together.

Your eyes stare blankly at the bottle in your hands.

Maybe Ben is closer to returning than you thought.

———————

A black silk robe covers your drying skin as you stalk around your new bedroom space.

The fabric glides over the floor behind you as you ascend the stairs up towards the bed.

Your fingers delicately trace the bedding and you sigh with content.

If you're going to be stuck here, at least it's luxurious.

A large mirror hovers against the wall next to the wardrobe and you lightly gasp when you see your appearance, specifically your neck.

Light purple bruises in the shape of a handprint encompasses your throat and you stare confusedly at the markings.

Kylo didn't even lay a hand on you, how did this happen?