Chapter 59

"What about the rumors regarding an assassin in the Resistance who targeted First Order officials?" Another senator asks.

Your stomach tightens in anticipation, your time is near.

"Completely untrue, if there were such an assassin they had no affiliation with the Resistance," She lies plainly.

Just as she says this, you make eye contact with Luke.

His eyebrows raise slightly and he raises his hand to touch Leia's shoulder, probably as a warning.

He never breaks the contact though, almost as if there's an understanding between the two of you.

He knows what you're here to do, and he's not surprised you're here to do it.

His fingertips reach Leia's shoulder at the same time your own reach the control panel beside you, pressing the button that launches your pod out into the center of the room.

Your stomach flips in anxiety and anticipation as you feel hundreds upon thousands of eyes turning toward you.

A hiss sounds as the circular ship floats down toward the unsuspecting general amidst her fabricated story telling.

You can tell that people are turning their heads to look at the disruption, to see who would dare interrupt such an intriguing story.

Gasps and confused comments begin to overwhelm the space, creating a roar in volume you didn't know was possible.

You stand up, taking the hood off your head and removing your mask before Leia turns to look for the cause of the commotion.

"I think you should have given more thought to your stories before lying to a room full of government officials, General," You snide confidently.

The look of horror that has dawned upon her face is unbeatable.

Luke places his hand on his lightsaber and takes a daring step in front of his sister.

You tilt you head slightly in response, adorning an awful grin.

"I wouldn't do that quite yet, Master Skywalker, doesn't the senate want to hear the truth?"

The senate is silent, just observing in awe and fear as you verbally duel with the most famous twins in the galaxy.

"What do you mean the truth, I've already explained it?" Leia says accusingly.

You narrow your eyes on her while maintaining your smirk.

"Let's start from the beginning, yeah?" You start, looking around the room arrogantly. "There was no plan to launch an attack against the Resistance at the ball, and most importantly, the treaty was signed prior to the unwarranted attack against the First Order."

Gasps and shouts from furious senate members ping across the room.

"I can have the document sent to me within a matter of moments, if you need verification. Anyway, not only did the Resistance break the treaty but they also lied about their motivations to an entire senate," You continue. "And that's not the only thing she just lied about."

Luke just looks plain confused while Leia watches with fear overruling her features. It's not like her to be so flustered. Good.

"The First Order did board the Resistance ship, but that was only in a heated moment of retaliation. And relatively speaking, what is around a hundred compared to the thousands aboard the Supremacy?" You ask.

You are on stage performing a beautiful and complex show, tip toeing and somersaulting and pirouetting with elegance and skill. The audience is eating your performance up, sitting on the edge of their seats in awe.