Chapter 17

"This is Eclipse One on route with Shadow Four, signaling to General Organa and Black Leader. We are coming out of hyperspace in three minutes. After that, we have half a parsec until our destination," You tell Leia and Poe over the communication system in your ship.

You had to take one of the extra powerful long-range transmitters from the communication center, but you don't think anyone will notice it's gone for a while.

"Copy that Eclipse One," One of the Resistance members responds.

For the past six or so hours, you and Rey have been headed towards Luke, stuck in the monotonous tube-like corridor of hyperspace.

"You sound so official," Rey comments snidely and you grin.

"Do you want to do the next one?" You ask her.

She giggles nervously on the other end.

"Yes!" She responds excitedly and you roll your eyes.

"Okay, as I said, we're going to exit hyperspace in around a minute ish. When we get out, patch yourself through my transmitter and then do our call signs, who you're addressing, and then how far we are from Ahch-To," You explain.

The nape of your neck begins to tingle as a familiar warming sensation seeps across the surface.

No, not now. How is this nerfherder still alive?

You wait for Kylo to show up, though you're unsure how the connection would work considering you're in a small space.

Would he appear outside of the ship?

Suddenly, a sharp pain crackles across the skin on your chest.

"Ah!" You scream in shock, your body beginning to convulse from the pain.

It's as if a thousand needles were rolling across your torso, pressing so far into your epidermis that you're almost certain that there is blood pouring.

"I'm sorry Commander, this ointment will keep you from getting infections," A mysterious voice echos in your head.

You hear a pained grunt and your head lowers in recognition.

You're feeling his pain.

"Y/N, are you okay? I just got a really weird feeling," Rey questions softly.

Black dots appear across your vision as it begins to grow darker and darker.

"I'm going to pass out," You squeeze out as another flare of pain sears across your sternum like a wildfire, prickling your skin and seemingly burning the surface until nothing but charcoal and ashes remain.

"Wait, what?" Rey shouts as you slip into darkness.

——————

"You're going to be okay, please be okay. You're going to be okay. Karabast! Y/N please wake up!" You hear a comforting voice begging.

Your eyes lull slightly, unaccustomed to the brightness greeting your pupils in a harsh ovation.

You can hear the crisp unclasping of your restraints and panicked grunts as the tight belts are removed from your chest and your arms are pulled through the openings.

A blazing desert scorches your esophagus as you try to mutter out words.

"Rey..." You squeak out, throat aching.

Your eyes open, greeted by the sight of Rey staring intensely at you.

Bright blue skies are behind her, the occasional cloud freckling the atmosphere.