Chapter 49

Your butt has begun to hurt because of how long you have been sitting in the abnormally large chair at your desk.

A bowl of popcorn lies on your lap as you scroll through different communiques on your computer, finding nothing of importance.

Out of sheer boredom, you open a new tab and search the holonet for latest news regarding the First Order.

Several headlines float by, mentioning the ever so mysterious Palpatine, and the lack of attacks as of recent.

Words seem to blur as you continue browsing, until you see an article that brings your vision back into focus.

"Palpatine the Positive? First Order Rumored to Have Signed Peace Treaty With Resistance."

You hum softly and select the article, encouraged by plain narcissism.

The First Order is rumored to have collaborated with the Resistance to sign a treaty, ending their eight year feud.

This is only a fraction of the renovations done within the First Order ever since Kylo Ren and the mysterious Palpatine rose to power, overtaking Supreme Leader Snoke.

Insiders have little information regarding what happened to Snoke, just that he is no longer in the equation.

This does give reason to celebrate, it seems as though the new Supreme Leaders have taken to their roles with a more inspired and earnest energy.

Their first command was to halt the abduction of children into the storm trooper program, instead opting to recruit members on an enlistment basis.

Additionally, they have ceased all raids and attacks on multiple planets, opting to occupy regions peacefully.

The name Palpatine tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth, but perhaps this relative will overshadow the horror left by their predecessor. So far, they have shown the good that they are capable of, and if the peace treaty comes to fruition, the galaxy may be able to breathe at last.

You smile pompously after finishing the article.

Taking over the galaxy and restoring peace isn't that hard, right?

A red light flashes to your right and a holographic projection of Leia appears above your desk.

"Y/N, do you have a moment to talk?" She asks softly.

You nod eagerly and place the bowl of food off to the side.

"What's going on?" You respond cooly.

"Commander Dameron just returned, and he's pretty distraught," Leia tells you slowly.

You lean forward toward the projection, summoning as serious of a face as possible, "Right, I just want to apologize before you say anything else, I should have kept a closer eye on both of them. I knew beforehand that I was more comfortable being here than they were and I still separated myself for too long-"

"-Stop." She commands.

Your skin practically begins to boil with this.

Sure, she doesn't quite know who you are (you think, unless Poe blabbed your identity too). But you are her connection to the First Order, the sole reason the galaxy now has peace.

You're not sure how much longer you will be able to take commands from someone so far below you.

"Finn going missing is not your fault, I called to console you because I know your heart, and I know that you blame yourself far too much," She continues.

Your lip twitches upwards and you have to contain a bubbling laugh.

Lights up, camera on.

You quickly put your hands over your face and pretend to weep, your chest heaves, appearing as sobs when you're actually laughing.

You mimic a few sniffles and yawn, bringing tears to your eyes, before you look up toward the hologram.

"I'm so sorry General," You tell her softly.

She nods slowly and raises her chin, "It's not okay, we are missing one of our Commanders, but it isn't your fault."

You gulp loudly and watch her silently.

"Have you looked over the treaty?" You ask, quickly changing the subject.

She smiles and nods, holding up the paper glistening with her newly added signature.

"I think celebration is in order," She tells you suggestively.

Your eyebrows perk up with her statement, "What are you suggesting?"

"Let's have a ball."  

A/N- a short chapter because I need there to be separation between what just happened and what's about to happen >:) all the love o whateva