Chapter 21

Your heart hammers against your chest as you approach two familiar graves.

Children are yelling and laughing in the distance, and large birds fly over your head as you walk down an empty pathway towards the most populated cemetery in Naboo's capital city, Theed.

It feels comforting to be back in such a familiar place, to hear kids playing. Your childhood was ripped away from you the second your parents sent you to the jedi temple, and has been moving further away ever since.

You make a point to visit your parents every time you come to Naboo, and though it hasn't happened yet, you're waiting for your parents to appear through the force.

The directions towards your parents plots have been engrained in your head since they were buried here years ago.

After reaching your destination, you sink towards the ground and sit cross-legged between their tombstones.

Small budding vines have meandered their way up the white marble grave markers, and tiny white flowers bloom in the spring (though that's a few months away).

Beauty surrounds your parents, even in death. You wish you could say the same for yourself.

"Hi." You say meekly, fiddling with the two bundles of flowers in your hands.

"I could really use your help right now. Just some guidance I guess, maybe some answers about your family, dad." You continue.

You know deep down that you're not going to get a response, but you still yearn for one nevertheless.

Silence ensues, and you decide to meditate for a few moments.

Your eyelids close and you take a deep breath, trying to release years of tension from your mind.

Ginormous willow trees encompass the cemetery, and you note the soothing sound of the growing leaves rustling in the faint wind.

Suddenly, you're in a large field with wildflowers and grass flowing past your hips.

You look around, finding the space to be a field you would frequent with your parents in Naboo lake country.

The sky is a brilliant hue of blue, with small puffy clouds dusting the atmosphere.

You turn around and see your two parents walking behind you, watching you frolic through the greenery.

Your mother adorns an elegant dark blue dress that reaches past her knees, the dress glitters as sunbeams reflect off the jewels tracing the neckline.

Her silky, strawberry blonde hair shimmers almost as brightly as her green eyes.

Your father shines like the sun in a yellow button up shirt, with pale blue pants. His jet black hair contrasts the brightness of his attire, but mirrors his deep brown eyes as they narrow on you in adoration.

The sun hurts your eyes as you squint up towards your parents lovingly.

"Songbird, why don't you pick your mother some flowers?" Your father suggests.

You whip around to search for flowers, but your surroundings change.

The sky becomes dark as quaint raindrops drizzle the top of your head, ruining the curls that your aunt had been perfecting for hours.

Aunt Selene holds your hand as your parents are lowered into their respective graves before you.

Infantile Adelaide begins to cry softly from Selene's other arm, your aunt releases your hand and walks away to soothe the baby.

You look toward your feet, seeing your black boots standing in untouched grass. You glance up and find that you're back in the present, at your parent's grave standing awkwardly.

"Y/N." An unfamiliar voice speaks.

A tall man with auburn brown hair and piercing blue eyes appears in front of you. He's wearing black and brown jedi robes, and has a telling scar reaching from his forehead towards his cheekbone.

Something about this person is familiar, as if you know him.

"I can't talk to Ben, he has cut himself off from the light almost completely." He says and you nod your head.

Anakin.

"Y/N, you and his mother are the only things keeping him from completely joining the dark side. He still holds love for you in his heart." Anakin explains and you sigh.

"He needs you. Do not give up on him." He pleads as he steps closer toward you.

"But do not give up on yourself in the process. You're going down a dark path,

Y/N. Remember your values." He says cryptically.

Your eyes snap open to the sounds of screaming, finding that it is now dark outside.

Unsure of how long you have been out of it, you place the flowers by your parents graves and stand up, trying to find the source of the yelling.

Overhead, a First Order star destroyer appears in the upper atmosphere.

"I love you." You say towards your parents as you move out of the cemetery and towards the main streets of Theed.

Panicked Naboolians rush through the streets to get back to their respective houses, you continue to walk towards the spacecraft hangar while keeping an eye on the destroyer.

The First Order is bold for attacking Naboo, this planet has been peaceful practically since its colonization.

Who would authorize an attack like this...

Gunships descend from the destroyer and head towards Theed. They begin to fire randomly before speeding off towards the West, towards the Gallo Mountains.

Your heart drops and you take off in a dead sprint to your X-wing.

You know exactly who would do this.

"S2, fire up the ship now!" You command through the com link on your wrist as you continue your run.

Time goes in slow motion while you speed past hysterical commoners as you desperately try to reach your ship.

You stumble into the hangar and frantically climb the ladder, not wasting time to buckle in before you close the hatch and begin lifting the X-wing into the air.

Within a matter of moments, you're speeding towards Dee'ja Peak, following the gunships' trajectory, but you're too late.

You round a peak and find your hometown on fire below you, it seems as though nothing made it out.

The gunships begin to head back towards the star destroyer, and you scowl. You quickly pilot the ship towards the rising crafts and start firing at them.

Your mind becomes spotty as you continue to take down the gunships, pure rage dominating your senses. After a few seconds, all of the ships have fallen, and you're not entirely sure how it happened.

S2 warbles sadly as you direct the X-wing back towards Dee'ja, towards your home.

All of the buildings along the main street were reduced to nothing but rubble and ash, and many of the other houses and structures look the same. You decide to fly straight to your aunt's house.

The moment that the ship hits the ground, you jump out of the cockpit and run towards the house to find a burning pile of ruins.  

A/N- so...  a lot to unpack here lol.  as always, all the love xx