Chapter 53

A/N- this chapter has mentions of NSFW, if this makes you uncomfortable, skip to the end when you see the bold '*' :)

You look outward toward the billowing grey clouds floating miles above and away while Kylo and surviving First Order officers debate plans of action behind you. 

The lake sits eerily still, almost perfectly reflecting the pristine sky. 

Kylo had managed to collect a transmitter amongst other things during his trip to Theed last night, and he matches your silence as officers drone on. 

"Quite frankly, I'm not sure the fate of our organization should rest in the overpowered hands of two legacies," Colonel Datoo says adamantly. 

You roll your eyes and turn, opting to sit on Kylo's thigh with your fingers swirling around the curls at the back of his neck. 

Your eyes linger on the darkening clouds across the water, almost sensing the electricity accumulating within the aspiring cumulonimbus, static churning with each passing second.

"Those two allegedly overpowered hands managed to wipe out almost the entire Resistance in direct response to the widely unsuccessful attack on the Supremacy," Officer Unamo argues. 

"I would consider the attack on the Supremacy a massive failure, an oversight committed by two kids unaware of the harshness of war," Datoo rebuttals. 

"You're right, Colonel Datoo, it was a colossal failure, but you cannot say our efforts were without merit, no matter the result," Kylo says sternly. 

"Regardless, here we are. As far as I'm concerned, if you're so worried about our leadership capabilities, why are you here when you could've easily faked your death?" You ask plainly, looking at the flashing device on the dark wood table in front of you. 

A soft breeze filters through the open windows surrounding the dining area, inviting the seductive smell of the millaflowers while predicted thunder rumbles in the distance.

After a few moments of silence, you speak again, "Right, so, moving on, I need all available units conducting a manhunt for Leia Organa. The longer your Supreme Leaders are in hiding, the more time she has to cultivate another parasitic rebellion. I will not allow the woman responsible for the multitude of deaths of our people to roam freely across the galaxy with hardly any consequences." 

"Yes, Supreme Leader Palpatine," Voices mutter and you smirk. 

"Update us on everything," You tell them before promptly shutting off the transmitter. 

You turn your attention to Kylo who sits quietly, looking you over with hazy eyes. 

Harsh rain patters against the voluminous lake, echoing throughout the vaulted space.

"Is everything okay my starlight?" You ask while shifting your position to face him. 

"Mhm, just tired," He answers lowly, closing his eyes. 

You frown and stand up immediately, "Let's go back to bed then, darling. We already got the important stuff out of the way, we have all the time in the galaxy." 

Your hands pick up his own and lightly pull them toward you, toward a standing position. 

"You might have the right idea," He tells you with a small smirk as he raises to meet you. 

Shortly thereafter, the two of you are tangled together, lounging lazily on the plush mattress. 

The double doors leading out to the balcony have been open since your arrival, sweeping out the dust with each soothing breeze as rain falls harmoniously.