Chapter 12

You look at Rey and meet her intimidated gaze. You nod and step in front of her, raising your palms in a fake surrender towards the squadron of men with their blasters all pointed on you. 

"Drop your weapon!" The closest one barks towards you as you reach slowly for your lightsaber. 

You hold the glimmering hilt out in front of you with your left hand and watch the troopers stand awkwardly, determining their next course of action. 

"Drop it!" He orders again and you raise your eyebrows. 

One of them on your right fires a shot directly at you, but it freezes mid air before you can even ignite your lightsaber to deflect it. 

Rey's right hand extends towards the blast as it pulsates in the open air, a few inches away from her palm. 

Your eyes widen at the sight, you didn't know that was possible... 

She returns the shot to the sender, the stormtrooper slumps against the ground with a new hole burnt through his chest. 

Immediately, the whole fleet of stormtroopers begin to fire at the two of you. You ignite your lightsaber and hear a gasp of amazement from Rey. 

You begin to reflect their blasts, five troopers hit the floor after being returned their own shots. The metallic black blades whir intricately in front of you as you press forward towards the exit.

Rey takes down another four with her own stolen weapon, and you feel almost proud at her work. 

This girl has spunk, you'll give her that.

You manage to mow down the remaining dozen or so with your lightsaber, their armor hardly helping them as you take turns slicing through the white material of their garb. 

Rey lets out a satisfied 'hmph' at the sight of the immobilized squadron surrounding the two of you. 

"We make a good team," You tell her as you both turn away from the sea of corpses behind you.

She grins beside you and lets out an airy laugh. 

Normally, if you were to demolish a herd of people, you would feel guilty about it. You should be feeling guilty about it now, but the only emotion that resonates within your being is the unmistakable, undeniable lurking sensation of being deceived. 

Though your mind should be on getting off this planet-turned-weapon, you can't help but wonder what would happen if you simply disappeared. Just left without a trace, have Rey tell the others that you died with a swift stroke of Kylo Ren's lightsaber.... 

You could find out what they're hiding from you on your own, without the unnecessary pressure of their presences surrounding you at almost all times. 

Then again, leaving the Resistance would have no impact on your connection to Kylo. 

"About what you said before, I'm sorry that happened. Though it seems to me like you finished your training. I've never seen anyone do anything like that," Rey says after a few moments of silence. 

The two of you approach the familiar doors. As you step closer, you extend your right arm and raise the blockade with the Force. 

You smile widely towards the girl, immediately taking a liking to her. 

There's something comforting about Rey's energy, her somber yellow aura surrounds you and brightens the undoubtedly greying storm that's slowly beginning to suffocate you. 

"That was nothing, besides it seems like you're a bit of a Force user yourself, no?" You respond, slowing your pace to a brisk walk. 

Your eyes lock on the Falcon as it sits a reasonable distance away, shrouded by the thin forest.