Chapter 58

You quickly walk out toward the center of the building, watching for empty compartments, doors that no one has entered through.

After a few moments of awkward stalking, you spot a doorway that has yet to have anyone pass through.

You approach the door, praying silently to the stars that no one is inside, and enter with your fingers crossed.

The double doors slide open with a small squeak and the light from the hallway illuminates the darkened pod.

Your eyes squint with the harsh light difference. Your pupils dilate uncomfortably as you blink wildly, trying to find something to look for.

Finally, your eyes focus on the expansive space.

Empty, perfect.

The pod you found ended up being higher in the vast room, relatively secluding you from the intimacy of proximity further toward the bottom where there's less space between neighboring capsules.

It takes a moment to wrap your head around the event you're attending, muchless the fact that these gatherings occur super often.

Hundreds upon thousands of individual galactic organizations congregate underneath one roof...

Come to think of it, you're shocked that no one has targeted senate meetings for acts of terrorism, they're practically sitting ducks.

No one even noticed you coming in, there was literally no security... It would be too easy to plan an attack against the galactic senate, if only more villains knew of this perfect opportunity.

Villains...

What would qualify someone, or something, as villainous?

Have your past actions proven to be something evil? Then again, something that appears evil could have incredibly good reasoning behind it, morally sound reasons to back up the decisions.

Evil, villainous, all really come down into a matter of opinion, a matter of perspective.

Nevertheless, you sit down in your utmost unassuming manor and watch over the room.

The overwhelming amount of pods is almost hard to look at, with a repeating pattern and identical construction. It's a miracle the building is still standing, and is in as good of condition as it is, considering that all senatorial affairs were moved to the Hosnian system.

It does prove to be a solid backup given that the Hosnian system was destroyed by Starkiller Base a few months ago.

A few months ago...

Wow, time flies when you're having fun.

It seems as though it was only a few days ago when you destroyed Starkiller Base with some of your closest colleagues, that is, before you found out that Kylo is Ben.

Your abdomen clenches uncomfortably with the thought of how misplaced your trust was in key members of the Resistance. Eight years of unending misery with fake attempts to find happiness or feelings of completion through different activities.

For as long as you've been a conscious being, you've always felt the need to explore and find more of a reason for being who you are, to find more of a purpose. You can't say that you really found one, but here's to trying, even if your future actions will tear you apart piece by piece.

What you're doing is for the good of the galaxy.

You squint your eyes looking through the different cubicles, trying to find the one holding your two least favorite people in the galaxy (which is saying a lot, you have a tendency to dislike people).