Chapter 8

The familiar greenery blurs as you pilot the ship back towards the hangar, trying to get on the ground as fast as possible so you can warn Leia about Han's condition before she sees him.

The craft hits the smooth grey ground of the hangar and you jump out of the ship excitedly, almost forgetting about the reappearance of Poe's droid.

Your chest heats up in excitement as you run towards Poe who's just coming down from his own ship.

"Dameron! I have the best surprise for you!" You yell at him, almost jumping into his familiar embrace (a force of habit in emotional situations, apparently).

You pull away from the hug and lightly dust off the shoulders of his obnoxious orange jumpsuit (thank the stars Leia never made you wear one of those when flying, orange really isn't your color).

He watches you confusedly, "What is it?" He questions, changing his focus from you to the Millennium Falcon landing further away in the hangar.

"You'll see! Anyway, have you spotted the General? I have something urgent to talk to her about," You remember as you shift your vision through the crowd of Resistance fighters.

"I haven't, but I don't doubt she sees the Falcon. She'll be appearing any second-"

"-Y/N," You hear a familiar feminine voice sound from the right.

"General!" You practically shout, pacing away from Poe and towards the woman anxiously holding her hands in front of her elegant navy blue dress. "I have to tell you, I found Han and Chewbacca but Kylo Ren was there and something happened."

She glares at you incredulously, silently urging you to continue.

"He's okay! Just a little unconscious..." You murmur timidly as you look towards the ship.

The ramp opens and some fog pours out of the craft dramatically. Almost immediately after the ramp touches the ground, you see BB-8 flying out towards Poe at full speed.

"BUDDY!" Poe yells loudly in surprise, taking off in a sprint towards the warbling droid.

You watch the two endearingly as they reunite. Poe collapses to the ground and starts rubbing the droid all over, checking for any damage and hugging the droid tightly.

Chewbacca's large feet hitting the ramp takes you away from the heart-warming scene that had previously been distracting you.

The General starts walking towards the Falcon, slowly. It doesn't take long for Chewie to see her, though.

He lets out a loud celebratory roar and jogs quickly over to Leia, immediately wrapping her into his long arms.

You smile widely at the sight, you can't remember the last time she must have seen him.

What happens next surprises you, as black boots scrape against the ramp your eyes widen at the sight of Han Solo parading down towards Leia who's too wrapped up with Chewbacca to notice his appearance.

The atmosphere within the hangar becomes much warmer, it begins to tingle the nape of your neck and your stomach drops.

You take off in a dead sprint towards any private room of some sort, breathing heavily as you close the door to a storage closet behind you.

"What are you doing?" Kylo questions curiously, you can tell he's just watching you trying to regain your breath.

"I'm surprised you recovered quick enough to be having this conversation," You spit arrogantly as you pull the mask back over the bottom of your face and turn to look at him.