Chapter 35

Silence infects the uncomfortable space that you have found yourself in, though it's more distressing for others opposed to yourself.

You sit at the head of a conference table, with the highest ranking First Order officers surrounding you.

Kylo sits at the opposite end of the table, remaining unmoving in his stoic disguise.

He really should take that stupid mask off, there's no reason to continue wearing it as Supreme Leader.

"I'm sorry, you want us to discontinue the Stormtrooper program?" Captain Tammis asks confusedly, unsure of what you meant by your demand.

Harsh fluorescent lights beat down on the table, illuminating its guests with an unfortunately unflattering glow.

You lean back in your large black chair and cross your arms.

"Not the whole program, but instead of collecting children, we will accept new recruits on an enlistment basis," You explain simply.

Phasma scoffs on your left and you tilt your head arrogantly towards her.

"Do you have anything you'd like to add, Captain Phasma?" You question in a belittling manner.

She slowly turns her mask towards your face, you can practically see her terror through the helmet.

Every time your voice sounds and her helmet transmits the waves through her helmet, Hux being mangled by her own actions splay across her brain. A permanent horror devised from her own doing to haunt her thoughts for however long she will live.

"How are we supposed to have an army if we no longer have the numbers?" She asks meekly.

"Easy, we don't have an army," Officer Mitaka chimes in from across Phasma.

Your lips turn into a pretentious smirk.

"Not quite, though I like your enthusiasm," You respond coolly. "Let me ask you all this, why do we need an army?"

You're greeted by genuinely confused faces.

"The galaxy needs a reigning party to control the systems, that's the whole point of the First Order," An irrelevant officer yells.

A few colleagues nod their heads in agreement with the officer's statement.

"I agree, but why do we need to achieve that through brute force?" You throw out contemplatively.

Silence ensues again as they digest your words.

"If we want to be a controlling entity, something to bring the galaxy together, we need to be a force that they can feel they trust. We can't just march onto their planets and demand compliance, they will never be truly loyal to the First Order if we do that," You explain as you uncross your arms and lean forward, placing your elbows on the table.

"I mean, look at what happened when you used force in the past," You add. "If I'm remembering correctly, there's a Republic-supported resistance that's been attempting to destroy the First Order since its conception."

"Weren't you part of that Resistance?" Another officer speaks up with as much confidence as she can muster.

"Where am I now?" You answer simply.

"How did you end up as Supreme Leader? I mean you're trying to reform the entire order, ruining everything we have been working for from the beginning! You murdered General Hux in front of all of us!" The irrelevant officer shouts angrily.

Your eyes squint at the older man as your hand strains and he is lifted from his seat, being held above his chair by his throat.

You have to admire his nerve for speaking so boldly towards two incredibly powerful authoritative figures, no matter how much you would like to murder him for doing so.