Chapter 47

You look at your reflection in the mirror, feeling refreshed with the up taking of elegance and luxury that you've been sorely missing over the last few weeks with the Resistance.

The meeting with First Order officials begins in ten minutes, and you plan to arrive at the last possible second.

You're Supreme Leader, nothing matters.

Regardless, you begin your trek toward the conference room.

You've opted for gold heels this evening, with complementary jewelry and makeup. Your dress is black per usual, but this one is made of a velvet material with a square neckline to accentuate your collar bones.

With all of the confidence you can muster, you step forward into the room.

Conversation comes to a halt and you smirk slightly as you saunter toward the head of the table.

You sit slowly, relishing in the satisfaction of finally returning to your spot, a seat you've been ignoring and pretending you don't take up for far too long.

Naturally, your eyes find the spot on the table directly in front of where Kylo is sitting now where you lost yourself in the best way possible mere hours ago.

You look toward Kylo and you can tell by his darkened yet curious gaze that he is sharing the same thoughts.

"Supreme Leader Palpatine, it is wonderful to have you back," The officer to your right sounds.

You smile toward the petite woman with long silver hair and nod appreciatively.

"Perhaps, Supreme Leader, you'd be willing to share some of your experience with the Resistance before we get into the logistics of the treaty?" Kylo suggests in a cheerful tone.

You grin and lean back in your chair, "Great idea."

"Let's start with the part after you abandoned your shuttle and somehow disappeared completely from the First Order's watch?" Phasma says.

You laugh in response to her pointed statement before crossing your arms in front of your chest.

"Right, sorry about that by the way. I had to make sure there was absolutely no risk of the mission being compromised," You answer. "Anyway, I've spent the last few weeks watching and learning more about the Resistance, all while not disclosing my identity.

This was no easy task, I harbor many resentful feelings toward the leadership of the Resistance for personal matters, but I was still able to convince them that I was the same person that had left them months ago.

I'm not, nor will I ever be again, but that is beside the point. As far as I know, there were no moves planned to go against the First Order, and General Organa seemed almost too willing to create this treaty.

I think that she's tired of galactic conflict, she was born into a war, fought another, and leads her way through hopefully the last. Her connection with both Supreme Leader Ren and I greatly impacted her decision to create this treaty.

She believes that she will be capable of gaining his and my favor by collaborating with us on this, which is incorrect, but ultimately is for the good of the galaxy."

You inhale a deep breath after your lengthy explanation, waiting for the officers to create responses.

"When do you plan to reveal your true identity to them?" An officer to your left asks.

"After the treaty is signed and implemented, after that neither of us can go back on our word and they have no choice to continue with the knowledge that I have manipulated them as they have me," You answer poignantly.