Chapter 57

You've wasted far too long watching Kylo's slumbering frame, his breaths consistent and beautiful as gentle snores escape his slightly parted lips.

He didn't question the millaflower tea you had made him, he didn't think to ask why you insisted he drink it.

And now, as he sleeps undisturbed with no hope of waking up any time soon, you steal time admiring his unconscious innocence.

His dark hair curls around his large face, perfectly framing his soft features.

He tries to look so cold and hardened whenever he is conscious, something to do with protecting himself and asserting a dominating energy. You know better than anyone that this is all a facade, though there is a strange comfort in knowing that no one else gets to see him the way you do.

Then again, you wish the whole galaxy would get the pleasure of knowing that Kylo Ren isn't just a monster hiding behind a mask.

He's real, and he's beautiful, and he's yours... For now.

His bare chest rises and falls rhythmically.

The scattered freckles cast against his pale skin, though he has gotten a bit of a tan since being here.

You trace the faint scar that trails from the top of his head, down his face and across his chest.

You never thought to ask him how he had gotten the scar...

Begrudgingly, you slide off of him as slowly as possible and escape his gentle embrace.

He sighs lowly but doesn't wake up, and a part of you hates that.

You're slipping right out of his fingers, it's almost too easy.

As quietly as you can, you put your clothes on, going slower that anticipated because of your longing gaze on Kylo.

Eventually, you're ready to go.

Every fiber of your heart is begging you to stay with your starlight, begging you not to hurt him.

And yet, you continue to walk silently out of the villa.

There's a peaceful and almost eerie glow to the property in the dark of the night. The moon highlights tree tops and the small, cresting waves rippling against the lakeshore.

Pathways are almost completely submerged in darkness, having no light to illuminate the inconsistencies in the eroded marble.

The only sound to fall upon your ears is the constant lapping of water against the soft sand.

As you walk toward the dock where the speeders are kept, a light trickle of rain begins to land.

You release a heavy breath and pause your movement, looking back toward the swaying balcony doors longingly.

Kylo is going to be so upset with you because of this.

Somehow, someday, you are going to find a way to win him back. No matter how long it will take.

Thunder rumbles lowly in the distance as the slow trickle turns into a solemn downpour.

You roll your eyes with the timing, hoping to the stars that your clothes won't get too soggy underneath your cloak.

Luckily, the storm drowns out the sharp and excessive sounds of the speeder starting up.

You let it idle for a moment, taking one last glance at the villa.

Lightning strikes in the distance, removing you from your preemptive nostalgia.

This is for the good of the galaxy.