Chapter 5

You look down at the plate of greyish slop in front of you, feeling incredibly unappetized since your run in with Kylo Ren in the medical ward a few days ago.

The four days you spent in the medical ward went by incredibly slow, though Poe and Finn made sure to visit occasionally with your favorite snacks. Still, you never enjoyed spending prolonged periods in a bed with random medics coming in to check on you...

What has really been occupying your mind though is how your nightmares of Kylo Ren have stopped in their entirety since the beginning of this Force connection.

Your nights seem almost too peaceful without the anxiety of the masked creature haunting your subconscious.

Speaking of Kylo Ren, you haven't seen him since his random visit, the sudden disconnection unnerving you even more than actually seeing him again would.

I wonder what he actually looks like... Is he really a man underneath that stupid mask? He's probably ugly, given his status.

Finn bumps your elbow with his and you turn to face him, "Hey, are you okay?" He questions sincerely and you smile genuinely back at him.

"Yeah, just not super hungry right now," You respond casually and look back down at the greyish mash, stirring through it with your fork.

You feel his eyes watching you hesitantly, though he senses you won't be giving any other answer any time soon.

What kind of food do they have in the First Order...

Suddenly, the silver doors of the small cafeteria burst open. Poe walks in confidently and starts whistling to gather everyone's attention.

"Attention!" He yells as he grabs a small chair to stand on. "We just got fantastic news!"

The couple dozen of rebels begin to circle around him, itching in anticipation. You decide to take a swig of the green liquid in a cold glass cup that you regrettably picked up from the food line.

You immediately gag and opt for Finn's water instead, he looks at you incredulously but allows it.

"General Pryde of the First Order was found dead in his hotel room in Canto Bight," Poe states and the room immediately begins in a celebratory uproar.

Your stomach flips slightly and you sink further into your chair, if you left the cafeteria now it would be way too obvious that you're not feeling well. So you settle for watching quietly, trying to make yourself as small as possible.

Your position within the Resistance was never formally announced, so technically no one really knows of your involvement. Though it's really not hard to guess, you disappear for a day or two then within the week the Resistance is alerted of the death of a ranking First Order officer. Some people still haven't put it together, though, so you maintain a low profile. You tell any new rebels you meet that you're Leia's assistant, which is laughable but they buy it anyway until someone tells them of your real doings.

Of course, Finn and Poe have known of your activities from the start. Well, technically Poe found out first because Finn didn't join the Resistance until much later, but whatever.

"General Pryde?" Finn questions quietly beside you and you nod your head, staring intensely at the silver table in front of you.

"Shame, he seemed kind of cool," You say monotonously and he chuckles lightly. He puts his hand on your back and you unwillingly flinch as your back erupts in pain, you still haven't quite recovered from Kylo's assault on you in the hotel room.

Your cheek pulls up into a smirk as you think about how he's probably feeling right now.

I hope that leg hurts like hell...