Epilogue

Hoards of people in attendance at the meeting gather toward the space port, describing the action-packed sequence they had experienced before escaping.

Whispers of Y/N Palpatine killing Luke Skywalker, of combating Leia Organa arrogantly before ending her life as well circulate throughout the gathering.

Han doesn't listen to the rumors, instead the first thing he does is take off in a dead sprint to the main chamber.

His stomach is flipping with anxiety for his lover, he must get to her before it's too late.

With his age, he isn't quite as fast as he once was, so Chewbacca takes the lead and runs into the vast room moments before Han.

Han hears the painful groan before he sees his beloved, Chewbacca's devastating roar giving away bad news.

Han Solo stumbles into the Senate room, his eyes adjusting to the darker atmosphere as he makes out the figures on the floor in front of him.

He sees a pile and a fallen senate pod, his stomach reacts before his brain does and he wretches.

Chewbacca kneels next to the broken capsule, bringing his large head into his hands as he continues wailing.

Han is taking far longer to process the scene.

The body of his son fallen over the body of his lover.

"Oh, stars," Han mutters plainly.

Han had always liked Y/N, he was rooting for her and had argued with Leia countless times about revealing Ben.

Of course, Solo had always thought he would have time and the proper opportunity to work things out with Ben. He had every faith in Y/N to bring Ben back.

He's beginning to recognize that he had underestimated a lot of factors in this situation.

He stumbles closer and spots Leia.

Her petite frame slouched against the cold capsule, her once warm and sharp chocolate eyes staring blankly into the distance.

His stomach drops as he falls to his knees in front of the only woman he's truly loved.

"No, no, no," He pleads. "No!"

He grasps the corpse of his love tightly in his arms and rocks back and forth uncomfortably.

The urge to vomit presses violently against Han's sternum, but he chokes down the desire as his painful wails echo throughout the huge space.

Rey follows behind, walking into the horrifying scene.

She had paused to listen to a few words from senate members, she was curious about the situation.

Rey had never been to Coruscant, she was very overwhelmed but eventually remembered what she came here to do.

Leia had told her to come if she hadn't communicated within a few hours, and it's been well past that.

Her eyes find Han first, and she grimaces with the sight.

A stoic man always good for a joke or some solid deflecting squeezing his love desperately, sending incoherent pleas to the universe.

She doesn't know much about Han and Leia, only that she has wished for a love like theirs her whole life.

She's starting to regret that desire.

Rey then sees Ben and Y/N.

She begins to cry, not soft delicate tears slowly falling off her jaw, a kind of cry that wrenches the chest and makes the hands ball into painful fists. The kind that causes migraines and years of repair to take away the hurt.