Chapter 31

"We can't keep her here! She knocked out the entire ship's power grid with one emotional breakdown, Commander." Hux argues, his voice cracking throughout the phrase.

You keep your eyes closed, eager to listen to what they're saying.

A migraine stronger than anything you have ever felt combs through your brain, aching horrendously.

"But imagine what she could do if that power was aimed toward our enemies, General. The Supreme Leader has demanded she stays here, I'm not letting you drop her off at some First Order outpost just because you're upset someone more powerful than you has joined our ranks," You hear Kylo defend you through the modulation of his mask.

It's hard not to smirk with this comment.

Another modulated voice requests Hux's presence in the command center over the speaker.

"This isn't over, Ren," Hux spits before presumably exiting.

You open your eyes slowly, just watching the ceiling. You're in a new room, in the medical ward more specifically, which makes sense.

Besides the migraine, you feel nothing but pure, unadulterated misery.

They shouldn't have saved you.

"How are you feeling?" Kylo asks, finally noticing your eyes peering above you.

You shrug your shoulders slightly and remain mute, not feeling the urge to talk.

"You've always been a terrible liar, Y/N," He says before taking his mask off and walking beside you, placing his hand on your head.

You watch him as he closes his eyes in concentration, before scrunching his eyebrows and stepping away.

"That's one hell of a headache, I'll be right back," He quips before quickly throwing the mask back on and pacing out of the room.

He's being too attentive, it's clear that he's worried you're going to kill yourself.

He has reason to be worried, you did just find out that you aided in the genocide that resulted in the formation of the First Order, muchless the destruction of the galaxy.

Not only did you just lose your entire family, but you also lost yourself, apparently far before you realized.

There's one thought that continues to lurk in the front of your head, at all times; why would you do something like that?

The door to your room opens and Kylo enters with a nurse.

"Hi Y/N, I'm your nurse, Eliza," The spritely woman says softly.

You continue to stare blankly above you, clearly not in the mood to talk to anyone.

"Commander Ren told me you have a migraine, I'm going to inject a painkiller to help you manage that," She explains.

It's at this time when you realize you have an IV piercing your left hand.

"Okay, you should be feeling relief momentarily. If you need anything else just press the red button on the holopad to your right, I'm right outside," Eliza finishes and you nod subtly.

Almost immediately, your limbs begin to tingle and your head becomes significantly lighter. The headache slowly disappears and you briefly close your eyes in relief.

You shouldn't be getting this treatment, though. You murdered your friends and blamed someone else for eight years.

Kylo sits in a chair to your right and takes off his helmet, placing it on the floor beside him.