Chapter 10

"Alright this is going to be a little hairy so just buckle in and don't panic," Han tells you and Finn as the two of you sit down, quickly tightening your respective restraints.

You watch closely as Han and Chewbacca begin to tense in their seats. Chewie groans quietly and Han just pats him on the back in response.

"Okay, brace yourselves," He starts. He pulls down the throttle, yanking the ship out of lightspeed.

Immediately your eyes widen as the ship heads straight down towards the snow-blanketed ground of the Starkiller base. Your insides feel like they're coming out of your throat, fear seizing control of your body movements as the Falcon plummets toward your untimely doom.

Chewbacca groans in terror as Han yanks the steering up, pivoting the ship horizontally against the surface of the planet.

You observe your surroundings with dread, this weapon is ginormous.

The Falcon cruises past snowy peaks, white crystals rising into the air in the ship's wake. There are a few large forests with tall, thin pine trees shifting peacefully. If you didn't know that this planet was harboring one of the most deadly weapons known to the universe, you would dare say it's beautiful.

As the Falcon decelerates from lightspeed, you take in just how horrifyingly large this weapon is. Something feels particularly awry with this planet, almost as if you can feel that it has no core.

There's a strange familiarity to the icy planet, something tingling in your chest tells you that you've been to this place before. The massive First Order base has taken over almost all of the scenery, blocking you from truly discovering why you feel as though you have been here in the past.

"Han?" You say curiously as he continues to maneuver the craft towards a large patch of trees.

"What?" He responds, still focused on managing the Falcon.

"Does this planet have a name?" You ask.

You're unsure if he would have an answer for this, but it's better than nothing.

"Starkiller Base?" He answers sarcastically and you scoff at his remark. "Why?"

"It feels familiar," You murmur quietly as you return your gaze to the dark trees slowly swallowing the ship as it lowers towards the ground.

"Let's get this party started," Han says simply as you all release a breath at the sketchy approach.

He turns around in his seat and eyes Finn, "Well? We need you to open the door over there, kid," He says, gesturing towards an entrance to the base resting beyond the trees.

The four of you march down the ramp of the Falcon, you and Finn in front of Han and Chewbacca.

In front of you is a small break in the forest, showing a huge concrete entrance, with gargantuan black sliding doors. The dark colors of the base greatly contrast its surroundings, starkly standing out from the snow.

Delicate crystals float down from above, dancing around the air before resting gently on your face. Goosebumps form on your exposed skin and you silently curse at your negligence to wear a cloak.

Your black boots step onto the snow covered surface of the base, making a satisfying crunch sound. You glance down towards your feet to avoid stepping on a hidden ice patch, but as your eyes move towards the ground your vision goes blank.

"Use your feelings, reach out through the Force. You'll find your crystals within this cave. Where; however, is up for you to discover. May the Force be with you," Master Skywalker says eerily, white puffs rising from his chapped lips as he addresses your class.