Chapter 50

Your mind has been racing a thousand kliks a second since Leia's proposition, wondering how two groups that have coexisted purely encouraged on the destruction of the other ever come together to celebrate.

Then again, you did get them to unite relatively easily.

Regardless, you now sit surrounded by assistants, eager to make you look as amazing as possible.

It really takes an army, apparently.

Your eyelids are closed as someone brushes powder across them, blending to perfection giving you ample time to mull over your feelings.

Kylo has to be in the same room as his parents tonight...

Why he ever agreed to such an event, you'll never know.

The Supremacy is hovering amidst the Coruscant atmosphere, where the gala will take place miles below.

You feel surprisingly excited at the concept of playing dress-up for a few hours, even if it means socializing with people you hate.

The news of the treaty successfully being signed swept through the star systems faster than fire, lighting celebration across the planets.

Practically half of the galaxy will be in attendance tonight, which is why it is the perfect time to announce yourself formally as Supreme Leader Palpatine.

You doubt Leia will be surprised, if Poe hasn't tattled already that is.

Besides, now the public will have a face to plaster across their magazine covers.

A knock outside your door sounds and you pause for the person to remove the brush from you eye so that you can see the visitor.

A stormtrooper walks in cautiously slow, looking around anxiously.

"I was told to inform you when an hour remains until leaving," The timid voice says.

You smile and nod, "Great, thanks."

They turn quickly and practically run out of the door.

That's something you definitely could get used to, cowardice.

A few runs through your hair, a sparkle added here, glimmer there, and you are ready to attend your first ball.

There's an anxious atmosphere smothering the entire ship, and the feeling that you might be missing a piece of information lingers in the air.

Your dress is a deep black, a material you hadn't even known existed, it's as if your body disappears into nothingness from the bust down, until it lightly ombres into a dark red.

A red that eerily reminds you of the liquid you so desperately tried to pour back into the extinguished body of your dear friend, a red that almost ruined the galaxy's chance for peace.

The silk fabric clings to the softened bones of the loose corset before spreading evenly down your legs, separating for a disguised slit that reaches your hip. Two cuffs sit on your upper arms, twinning fabric with the dress as it flows freely from your biceps to several feet behind you on the floor.

Your lightsaber, per usual, is tucked into a garter hidden underneath your dress. This time, however, you have your father's lightsaber tucked away as well, after discovering it in an old storage room.

A hoard of subordinates follow closely behind as you strut toward the nearest hangar, whispering compliments and messages of terror behind your back.

A forgotten theme seems to be that you can literally read their minds, if you ever thought it wouldn't be wasting your time that is.

The hangar doors slide open and you walk in, raising your chin all the more higher when you spot him.

Kylo stands on the ramp of your transport adjusting his tie, before looking up slowly to meet your gaze.

He wears a black suit with the same fabric as your dress, with red ombre dripping down his sleeves like blood.

His hair has been combed neatly and he wears a slightly shimmering black eyeliner around his darkened eyes.

You smirk as he rakes his eyes up and down your body, heating up every inch as you close the space between the two of you.

"You look stunning," He tells you while nonchalantly extending his arm for you to take, a subtle blush creeping across his pale face.

"You don't look too shabby yourself," You respond cooly.

Both of you have brewing anxiety scorching your insides as you sit inside the shuttle silently.

No words are needed, the two have you have spent enough time together to be able to sense your emotions not matter how deeply they are buried.

For whatever reason, the overwhelming sensation of excitement is creeping from Kylo.

But what would he be excited about?

He hates the Resistance, almost as much as he hates fancy events. Not to mention his parents...

You doubt that the First Order would plan something against the Resistance behind your back, insubordination would be fatal...

Still, your sternum throbs uneasily, almost as if you know something terrible is about to happen but you are unsure of what.

As if on cue, red lights flash from the cockpit and an alarm sounds across the ship before a streak of white light soars past the ship almost as if it's in slow motion.

You raise from your seat, whirling around to watch out the rear window as the light connects with the Supremacy.