Chapter 25

The soles of your boots creak slightly as you carefully creep down the long staircase. An occasional red light shining from the ceiling vaguely illuminates the path.

After descending at least three floors, the stairs level out into a long hallway.

You can't help but think of how ignorant it was for you to blindly throw yourself down a very inclosed set of stairs in a museum built to celebrate the empire, but it's too late now.

Besides, what do you have left to lose?

If this is a trap, it's a damn confusing one at that.

Your squinting eyes make out a sealed door at the end of the hallway, with a security pad directly beside it.

How do they even have the space for all of this on this crowded planet?

Finally, you make it to the door. You pause to investigate the general likeness of the door. The security pad flashes in recognition of your presence, and a small blood testing device is revealed from a hidden compartment in the wall.

Do you have to get your blood tested to enter?

Cautiously, you submit your hand to the probe. A sharp needle momentarily pricks your skin and absorbs your blood, before the device quickly disappears into the wall again.

Silence enraptures the space as you wait for nothing in particular.

"Midi count over 18,000," the machine says monotonously.

The security pad flashes green and the door slides open.

You step through the threshold quickly, though confusedly.

From the beginning of your training you knew that you had a higher than average midichlorian count, but you had no clue it was above 18,000. That surpasses Master Yoda, it almost reaches that of Anakin Skywalker.

How high was your father's midi count?

You find yourself in another octagonal room, this room being about twice the size of the Vader memorial.

Large holopads encompass the room, with menacing red projection screens circling four of the walls. Two ginormous shelves stand on either side of you with a plethora of books and holodrives.

Hesitantly you pace towards the computer system, delicately taking a seat in the sleek black leather office chair.

A shaky finger presses on the darkened holopad in front of you, activating the system.

A series of welcome messages parade across the screens, confusing you all the more.

How were you able to simply walk into this place?

You decide to ignore the confusion, at least for right now, in a quest to find more answers.

You quickly pull up the restricted file on Tristan Amedda, seeing that it is completely unlocked on this system.

"Tristan Amedda. Born and raised on Coruscant. Trained fully in the ways of the sith. Disappeared at age 25. Found in Dee'ja Peak, Naboo, under new name. Married to Winona Y/L/N. One child, DOB: 08/03/10 ABY. Tristan Amedda and Winona Y/L/N executed on 05/13/18 ABY via office of the Emperor. Child remains missing."

There seems to be no air circulating through your lungs as you sit silently, blinking emotionlessly at the screen.

It's true. Your parents were murdered... And now you know why.

Your father abandoned the way of the sith in order to start a life with your mother, which is why he changed his name and hid in Dee'ja Peak.

It feels as though your abdominal muscles are being squeezed together, the longer you look at the holopad, the more excruciating the pain becomes.

You were granted access to this space because you carry over 18,000 sith-originating midichlorians. You're here because your bloodline is sith.

The last few days have been a whirlwind, with so much information being thrown at you from so many directions. You can't help but groan, a noise that originates from deeper than your throat.

There should be tears, there should be melancholy and despair, but the sensation that prickles your being is far from it.

You want revenge. Your entire family died because your father couldn't fully escape the sith, your life was ruined by the sith.

Not just by your parent's executioners, but by Snoke, and Kylo Ren.

You have lost everyone you have ever cared about through the cruel, unforgiving grasp of the sith.

There's a new clarity that comes from learning this information, a strange sensation of peace emanating from your chest.

You now understand what you need to do, why the force was leading you here.

You have to kill Snoke.

—————-

The determination coursing through your sith-infested veins has never been stronger. Your feet carry you out of the Imperial Archive, marching you towards your waiting ship.

Before you make it ten steps outside of the building, your sternum yanks harshly and stops you in your tracks.

You peer to your left, spotting a hooded figure lurking near the entrance. You study this character, waiting for them to identify themselves.

"I haven't seen anyone enter that building in at least twenty years." A feminine elderly voice speaks ominously.

Your arms cross instinctually.

"No one's been able to, the doors wouldn't open for anyone." This mysterious figure continues.

This information doesn't surprise you, now that you know you come from a tainted bloodline.

"So, why did they open for you?" The person asks genuinely.

You stand unmoving, unsure of how to answer this question.

The figure removes the dark hood of their cloak, revealing their face.

A petite woman with two buns on either side of her head watches you intensely.

"My name is Sache, I was stationed here after the fall of the Empire." She says.

You observe the woman, noticing the wrinkles that appear across her greying face. There's a familiarity about this woman, she seems very similar to someone you never had the pleasure of knowing.

"You were one of Padme Amidala's handmaidens, weren't you?" You ask Sache curiously, stepping closer to her.

A faint smile etches across her features as she nods ever so slightly.

"I'm Y/N, I'm a jedi." You confide.

A subtle sense of confusion washes over her, "Several jedi have tried to enter this building. None of them succeeded. What makes you different?"

There's no way you can tell her that you have sith blood, especially not after what Anakin did to Padme when he turned to the dark.

"I don't know. I do have to leave though." You tell her as you begin to walk backwards towards your ship.

Sache's eyes narrow on your retreating frame.

"You know as well as I that the First Order knows you were able to access the vault. It won't be long." She tells you cryptically before slinking back towards the shadows. "May the force be with you."

She disappears into the darkness from which she came and you stand relatively perplexed.

As predicted, a throttling boom echoes across the planet. You turn your attention upwards, spotting the Finalizer lurking in the atmosphere.

Perfect timing.

a/n- oop