|[62]|

Levi signalled for you to continue, "Levi, have I ever told you how we managed to get here?"
--------

He shook his head, "barely." You hopped off the desk and moved to the couch. As you sat down you turned and laid down so you could place your head on Levi's lap. His hands naturally found themselves in your hair as you closed your eyes at the pleasant feeling.

"Close to one of our fronts was a mountain range. Every so often a search party would check the mountains to see if they were still clear, as much as they formed a natural defense, there really wasn't another way to know what was going on up there. I always questioned why they didn't use drones instead." You opened your eyes to see Levi's confused face. His eyebrows furrowed together as you chuckled.

"Drones are small machines," your hands moved as you tried to explain, "they can fly up in the air like birds while being operated from the ground. They can show what they see to the person operating them on the ground." Levi nodded in understanding and you continued your story.

"I believe they said that they get seen to easily and show up on the satellites too easily. It really doesnt make sense, humans show up way more easily on satellites but I digress," Levi decided not to ask what satellites were to save himself from what seemed like a very long and complicated explanation, "A few months before we came here a female soldier from the search party returned. Her team had been killed by a small but skilled third party on the mountain. Supposedly she was the only one to make it out."

A dry chuckle left your lips, " although back then we barely had any idea of the true situation."

"Luca had been commander for awhile by then, after what happened between me and the old commander he had to be put out of commission. Luca sent 3 rank M squads to check it out and exterminate the third party. Yet each soldier had disappeared off the face of the earth on our maps soon after arriving."

Levi's eyebrow raised at the rank, questioning what it meant, "I'll explain that another time." You dismissed as you continued.

"He was planning to send higher ranked squads in a larger number. I remember asking him why he was sending more soldiers to their deaths instead of sending us. After all, it was clear by then that this wasn't anything regular." You breathed out as you furrowed your brows, "I had the worst fight I've ever had with Luca that afternoon in his office."

Levis hand moved to brush some hair out of your face. His hand found yours as you decided to change position, you sat up and moved closer to Levi who simply rested his arm around your waist.

"He refused to allow me and my squad to go. I noticed he had been sending us on less missions when he became commander, but usually other higher ups decided to send us out anyway. He was trying to shield us from the fight. He said he did it to protect us, to protect me. I know he cares about me but I'm not a kid, and I made that very clear to him. We didn't get anywhere so I left his office. I departed with my squad to the mountains that night." You spoke, memories of the fight flashing through your mind. Never had it been that bad between the two of you.

"I suppose that's what I regretted most when I arrived, I never could clear that up," a small chuckle left your lips, "but now he's here too, and everything has gone back to normal."

You returned to the story, "seeing as we were on our way anyway and had nearly arrived when the control center made contact, we were allowed to continue the mission, our objective being to capture and detain. Return with a few alive to answer the questions. When they realized we weren't accurately equipped for such mission we were ordered to inconvinience. But as I said, that was before we knew the true scale of what was going on."