|[44]|

The only other thing she could do was hope he was still breathing by the time she came to pick him up.

------------------------

Eren had followed orders and ran, Petra and Olou turned in the air and Akame was just in time to see them slice through it's eyes.

A wave of satisfaction rippled through her body at the sight, Jax and Eld took the opportunity and fired away from their spots on two trees opposites from each other. They fired through the air and towards the titan, aiming for it's nape.

They were perfectly coordinated with each other, the hours and days of training you put them through paying off. They moved alongside each other as if they never did anything different, if only you had been there to see it.

The titan rested against a tree, a hand covering it's nape. Olou and Petra had gotten the creature to a point where it had to drop it's hand, slicing through the tender flesh of the muscles.

Eld and Jax looked at each other mid air, a glance enough to say it all. The titan turned its head, as if it tried to see both of them. It couldn't, after all Petra and Olou had only just blinded the creature.

Jax was first behind it's head, and the titan had to decide which attacker to prioritize.

It slammed it's head back, right when Jax entered small space behind it's head, just under it's nape. Then it turned to bite at Eld, only to miss because he had changed his route as soon as he had seen Jax getting attacked, wanting to help his friend.

Akame screamed as she lost sight of Jax when the titan slammed it's head back. She clenched her hands around the handles and sped up, racing through the air as the wind pushed her hair back.

Petra and Olou flew through the air with widened eyes, watching the scene going on in front of them.

Eld saw the titans head move to him and sliced deeply through its shoulder as he moved away. He heard Akame and knew she would check Jax, they only had to give her the chance too.

Petra and Olou had gotten his idea and watched as the titan stood up, firing attacks at it from different angles and directions, randomizing it as much as they could to give their friends time.

Jax hung by his gear against the tree, the boxes holding his swords ruined and Akame doubted his gear still worked. Jax's body seemed to be intact, partially against Akame's expectations. She had more or less expected him to be squashed against the tree like a bug.

His eyes were halfway opened, and shallow breaths left his mouth. His hands held multiple large cuts from being smacked against the tree and Akame knew that his back must look similar.

She concluded he had the best luck in the world, he must've been in the small open space in its neck when the titan smashed it's head back. He was conscious to an extend, responding to her touch as she cut the wires of his gear to free him, and carrying him to a nearby branch to go back and help Eld, Olou and Petra.

Rage and a thirst for revenge filled her body as she fired off once more, aiming straight for the opening of it's nape. Olou joined her in the mission and together they shot off to slice through the flesh.

When their blades came in contact with the flesh a small layer of what appeared to be crystal formed over their target. Their swords broke on impact, and within a second Akame had two new blades in the handles, releasing the hooks of her gear and stopping the flow of gas from the device. As she fell she pierced the flesh of the back of the titan, the resistance slowed her fall although she kept momentum. She only ripped her blades out when the titan turned, although she had made it about halfway and fired her hooks off to carry her to a more safe place.