|[51]|

A too familiar voice spoke up behind you, "there you are, you little rebel." The nickname so familiar it nearly made you tear up. You spun around, nearly falling off the root you sat on.
-----------------------------

The red head stood in front of you, chuckling at your antics as he caught you successfully when you basically jumped in his arms.

Arlo was a good year and a half younger and he'd always be like a little brother to you. No matter what happened you were always there for each other.

He had called you little rebel after all the stories that would continue to keep circling around  of your stories. Most were a glorified rumor but that didn't stop them from spreading.

He too was taller than you, not that it mattered in the way you treated each other, he would always be treated like a little brother and you as his big sister.

The labcoat that always hung around his shoulders was in it's permanent clean and white state, and the red shirt he would always wear underneath it still clung to his form. Somewhere you knew he must look different now, after spending all this time outside in the dirt but even that could never soil the image you had of him.

When you pulled away from the hug he didn't even try to wipe the tears away that streamed out of his golden eyes. Eyes that never failed to cheer you up even in the most rough times. You were impossibly happy he was here, with you in this time.

"I know it's been awhile." You chuckled at his awkward start of a conservation as he pulled you into the shade of the tree, chosing the root you just sat on as chair and you hopped on one of the lowest branches.

"You've made it to the walls, what did you think of them?" You asked somewhat happily as you cleared your head, Arlo's calming aura always having the same effect on you.

He thought for a few seconds, "I think they're fine, it's very intresting where their origins lay though." Exactly what you expected, the realization that this was all just a figment of your imagination rushing back to you.

"Hey it's fine, don't worry so much about that. We'll see each other soon enough again." Impossibly optimistic, as he had always been. Goofy and funny, only on few occasions you had seen him incredibly focused and serious but those moments had always been related to work. Due to the nature of your work you didn't run into him that often during work, unlike Luca when he became commander.

"I can only imagine how Luca and Levi's meeting went down." You said aloud as Arlo laughed in return, "oh yea that cannot have gone well. I wish I could tell you that." He laughed at the different scenarios that flew through your head.

"I bet they flew at each other right about immediately."

"No I think Luca knows his boundaries." A simple questioning glance from you made him shake his head, "good point."

"No matter what it was a mess." The doubts from earlier came back when you thought about Levi.

"Hey don't worry so much, I'm sure he didn't willingly return to the walls."

You nodded at him, he was right, "now cheer up, you need to focus on coming back to us, not staying here bothered by those thoughts."

You chuckled as the male who smiled gently back, you would always be his older sister to him no matter what.

The fog surrounding the little island you seemed to float on in the nothingness crept closer as it reached the leafs of the tree.

"Take care of the others for me, they'll need it." You wished him, decision that for once ignorance truly is bliss.